Author Topic: avast "free" site blocking partionally broken  (Read 1552 times)

Offline Darknessblade

avast "free" site blocking partionally broken
« on: July 31, 2018, 10:17:32 AM »
i currently have a weard issue regarding the webshield: site Blocking feature,
for some reason it is automatically deactivated when switching tabs in the menu of webshield or clicking on OK? (this is on a windows 7 pc)
there are over 140 blocked addresses {some are duplicate like (url,com/1234 || url,com/1234/1234 ||url,com/*)}

i already tried resetting avast (restarting the pc afterwards) to the base settings and importing the settings back.
this had no result in fixing the issue
but the weirdest thing is that site filter still somewhat works even tough in the UI it says its deactivated???

the issue also is that when i did a FULL clean install of the said pc, and importing an older not bugged list from a pc that does not have this issue (less addresses {around 100 addresses})

does anybody have a idea what is causing this.
--------------------------------------------------
if it is requested i will post the settings file to the forum

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: avast "free" site blocking partionally broken
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2018, 10:39:45 AM »
Hi, it's a known bug, the devs are working on a fix.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Darknessblade

Re: avast "free" site blocking partionally broken
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2018, 11:35:48 AM »
Hi, it's a known bug, the devs are working on a fix.
--------------------------------------------------------------
then it is quite the strange bug, since 1 pc has it while the other does not has it.
even tough both pc's run the latest version of avast. and use the exact same settings

i also (have a auto-update script that runs at startup, since another bug i noticed was that avast does not always update when a new definition is available) {simple .bat script that runs the updater of avast}
-------------------------------------------------------------