Author Topic: Can't install Avast IS (crashing, errors, etc.)  (Read 2959 times)

REDACTED

Can't install Avast IS (crashing, errors, etc.)
« on: August 02, 2018, 10:37:59 PM »
So, I was going to reinstall Avast and I did it. I just uninstalled Avast IS with AvastClear (in Safe Mode), and then I afresh installed AV. Maybe word "installed" is not correct. Why? Read on:

I downloaded online setup of IS from official Avast site, and just tried to install it. Installation was running normal, until at the very end the installer has just...  closed. Or crashed, idk. And here more crazy situation - Firewall, update agent (or something like that) have installed normally, BUT! The AV just... did not install. Folder in Program Files existed, but the app didn't exist, even the shortcut didn't appeared on desktop. And here my brain was getting ready to go crazy.

I thought - maybe this is a disposable situation... And again: I uninstalled Avast IS with AvastClear (in SM), carefully deleted leavings after uninstallation, booted into OS, downloaded this same setup and I began to install. And... exactly this same situation as descripted above. So, again uninstalled Avast, but now I downloaded the offline setup. And what can I say? I was happy, because installation reached end, everything looked normally, BUT only when I wanted to open Avast - the error about AvastUI appeared - App error (0xc0150004). I just could not open the AV, it even didn't appear on the taskbar...

...And now I am writing to You guys, I really don't know what to do. Waiting for answers, cheers! ;)

PS: Sorry if my language is bad and you misreaded it.

Offline davexnet

• Poster
Re: Can't install Avast IS (crashing, errors, etc.)
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2018, 10:52:52 PM »
Which version of Windows?

If it's Windows 10 what is the build ?
AMD FX-4300 4GB DDR3
avast free 2279 (Windows XP), MBAM free

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2018, 11:17:41 PM »
Which version of Windows?

If it's Windows 10 what is the build ?

Windows 10 Home 64-bit, newest build 1803 (April 2018)

VERSION: Windows 10 Home (64-bit)
VERSION: 1803
DATE INSTALLED: 18.05.2018
OS COMPILATION: 17134.165

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2018, 11:46:12 PM »
I realize this may be common sense, however did you reboot after install completed?
I've found (especially with Security Software) a 'reboot' of 2 is sometimes needed in order for Drivers to get sitting(installed)properly.
Just a thought :)

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2018, 11:53:13 PM »
I realize this may be common sense, however did you reboot after install completed?
I've found (especially with Security Software) a 'reboot' of 2 is sometimes needed in order for Drivers to get sitting(installed)properly.

I didn't reboot, because AV didn't even show window with "reboot pc now" (or something like this).

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2018, 12:01:57 AM »

I didn't reboot, because AV didn't even show window with "reboot pc now" (or something like this).

It's been my experience over the years to always reboot when installing securitiy software regardless of 'no notification'.
It can't hurt. ;)
Not saying that will solve you problem.

REDACTED

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2018, 12:14:30 AM »
It's been my experience over the years to always reboot when installing securitiy software regardless of 'no notification'.
It can't hurt. ;)
Not saying that will solve you problem.

Actually tried that - fresh "install" of not working AV and after installation rebooting PC. Unfortunately - it did nothing.

Offline davexnet

• Poster
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2018, 04:26:10 AM »
This error, 0xc0150004, has been noted in other posts to be system related
See these two posts.  Try the DISM command followed by SFC system file checker
https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/d66caf58-6381-40ef-bbcb-22e8e5e02ac3/error-code-0xc0150004
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/947821/fix-windows-update-errors-by-using-the-dism-or-system-update-readiness

These two commands may take 30 minutes to 45 minutes each.  Then retry the install.

If it still fails look for the avast install log in
C:\Users\All Users\AVAST Software\Persistent Data\Avast\Logs\setup.log

You can also search the Windows Event log, administrative, application and system events for
errors related to the install
« Last Edit: August 03, 2018, 05:09:18 AM by davexnet »
AMD FX-4300 4GB DDR3
avast free 2279 (Windows XP), MBAM free

Offline mchain

• Avast Evangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • Spartan Warrior
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2018, 09:01:48 PM »
Hopefully you'll get your issues worked out.

https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=221007.msg1471475#msg1471475  Might be related.
Windows 10 Home 64-bit 22H2 Avast Premier Security version 24.1.6099 (build 24.1.88821.762)  UI version 1.0.797
 UI version 1.0.788.  Windows 11 Home 23H2 - Windows 11 Pro 23H2 Avast Premier Security version 24.2.6105 (build 24.1.8918.827) UI version 1.0.801