Author Topic: Which is better the AVAST 4 Home or AVAST Professional?  (Read 4734 times)

Offline radicalb21

• Avast Evangelist
  • Poster
  • Be Safe. Be Smart. Use Common Sense.
Which is better the AVAST 4 Home or AVAST Professional?
« on: January 06, 2004, 10:13:15 PM »
I was wondering which is better as my current antivirus subscription runs out in a few weeks. I have tried the home version and like it I was just wondering what some of differences were between the two and if one would be better then the other?
iMac 21.5 " Mid 2011 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5
4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB

Pavel Baudis

Re:Which is better the AVAST 4 Home or AVAST Professional?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2004, 10:21:25 PM »
Hi!

I was wondering which is better as my current antivirus subscription runs out in a few weeks. I have tried the home version and like it I was just wondering what some of differences were between the two and if one would be better then the other?

Of course Pro verion is much better (it is more Professional  :D) but it is not free. There is 60 days trial however available on our web. For the particular differences plese take a look here...

Pavel

Ogw

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2004, 05:58:28 PM »
is there the same scanning capacity in the home and at the professional version? will a virus be found by pro and not by the free home version?

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2004, 07:54:37 PM »
No, the scanner kernel is exactly the same, as well as the virus database - so the "scanning capabilities" are equal.

In the Pro version, you have more options - you can exactly configure what packers should be checked (Home version has "all on" / "all off"), you can configure automatic actions to perform when a virus is found (in Home version, you have to choose interractively), etc.

Ogw

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2004, 07:59:10 PM »
thank you moderator. i was looking at your homepage about the differences between home and professional version but your explanations are better than that page.

eda

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2004, 11:56:28 PM »
The complete comparision can be found at:
http://www.avast.com/i_idt_1018.html

Eduard