Author Topic: not able to sign up for 60 days avast trial  (Read 954 times)

REDACTED

not able to sign up for 60 days avast trial
« on: August 14, 2018, 02:35:24 AM »
Hello,

I downloaded Avast and it said my pc is under threat and to resolve issues asked for premium account. I tried signing up for 60 days free trial however, nothing is happening once i enter the basic information. I entered the basic info but it is not going through even if I clicked on continue multiple times.

Can someone help?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: not able to sign up for 60 days avast trial
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2018, 09:43:44 AM »
You shouldn't need a Premier account to remove a threat, but not knowing what that threat is (you give no information) ?

I would also suggest that you remove your image and obscure your email address as it could be harvested by spammers. 

The image that avast displays that 'your pc is under threat' would be more helpful as that will give more information on the true nature of the real problem. 

Did you get this threat warning after running a Smart Scan ?
It could well be that this 'your pc is under threat' is promoting another Avast Component that is a paid option.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security