Author Topic: Clean-up took my program hostage  (Read 7211 times)

REDACTED

Clean-up took my program hostage
« on: August 14, 2018, 03:40:23 PM »
Clean-up put Microsoft office to sleep and refuses to allow it to wake up.  Even when I go into Clean-up and select "wake" it will not wake up.  I can wake up any of the other programs but not that one.  I uninstalled Clean-up but it's still not allowing it to wake up.  I do not want to uninstall Microsoft office because it's not their problem at all.  Avast please help me!  I need my computer an hour and a half ago!

Offline Stellarman

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
Re: Clean-up took my program hostage
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2018, 12:55:44 PM »
Clean-up put Microsoft office to sleep and refuses to allow it to wake up.  Even when I go into Clean-up and select "wake" it will not wake up.  I can wake up any of the other programs but not that one.  I uninstalled Clean-up but it's still not allowing it to wake up.  I do not want to uninstall Microsoft office because it's not their problem at all.  Avast please help me!  I need my computer an hour and a half ago!

Hi,

we are terribly sorry about what happened to you.

So far we've never encountered such situation as you described.

In order to be able to help you I would like to ask you to send the log files so we can investigate where the problem is.
You can simply send them by executing our log collector utility from this path C:\Program Files (x86)\AVAST Software\Avast Cleanup\tulogcollector.exe assuming that you have still Avast Cleanup installed on you computer.
Just please add your email address there so we can join the logs with your report here.

Thank you.

Offline Okky

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2019, 10:40:44 AM »
I got the same problem. I can not use Windows Media Player.
How frustrating! >:(

Offline Okky

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2019, 10:55:37 AM »
Please never say again that you have never encountered such situation.

It has been reported by many people, but they used different sentences for the subjects.

Offline Stellarman

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2019, 11:02:16 AM »
Please never say again that you have never encountered such situation.

It has been reported by many people, but they used different sentences for the subjects.

Hi,

well in general if we haven't seen it before or we are not able to induce it we are practically blind and without a log files from the affected machine we are not able to do anything.

So please, if you are able to provide us with logs, please do so, because otherwise we are not able to help you.
You can simply send them by executing our log collector utility from this path C:\Program Files (x86)\AVAST Software\Avast Cleanup\tulogcollector.exe assuming that you have still Avast Cleanup installed on your computer.
Just please add your email address there so we can join the logs with your report here.

Thank you.

Offline Stephen329

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2019, 10:30:35 PM »
Very same issue wih me, tried to use Mircosoft Office after sleeping the program ( on Avast Cleaner advice ) and nothing so what's the issue? One person cleared it by unistaling and reinstalling Avast Cleaner but I don't pay to have to find work rounds myself. Please Avast solve the issue there are other antivirus and cleaners out there.

Offline Stellarman

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2019, 10:49:25 AM »
Very same issue wih me, tried to use Mircosoft Office after sleeping the program ( on Avast Cleaner advice ) and nothing so what's the issue? One person cleared it by unistaling and reinstalling Avast Cleaner but I don't pay to have to find work rounds myself. Please Avast solve the issue there are other antivirus and cleaners out there.

Hi,

well the easiest solution is to wake the Microsoft Office back and ignore it if it does not work for you.

Also without more information it is hard to find out what happened on you computer.
In order to be able to help you I would like to ask you to send the log files so we can investigate where the problem is.
You can simply send them by executing our log collector utility from this path C:\Program Files (x86)\AVAST Software\Avast Cleanup\tulogcollector.exe assuming that you have still Avast Cleanup installed on your computer.

Thank you.

Offline PapaD

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2020, 04:55:34 PM »
Same with me! Please, do not ask me to send logs but just tell me the two-three solutions you proposed to everyone else - it is the same problem!!! My Office, Bitcomet, iTunes, etc - everything doesn't work. It is important that i fix it now!

Offline Stellarman

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2020, 12:47:59 PM »
Same with me! Please, do not ask me to send logs but just tell me the two-three solutions you proposed to everyone else - it is the same problem!!! My Office, Bitcomet, iTunes, etc - everything doesn't work. It is important that i fix it now!

Hi,

We really apologize for your inconveniences.
I understood if you are not willing to help us analyze your problem so you could check this post https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=233129.msg1541192#msg1541192 to have an idea how to revert the changes made by "Background & startup programs".
Once you delete all the debugger registries you have to also go to the Cleanup UI, navigate to the Background & startup programs and manually wake all the affected programs to make sure that their services, background processes and scheduled tasks are properly started again.

Regards.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2020, 01:42:06 PM by Stellarman »