Author Topic: completely undo all changes that Avast has made  (Read 4479 times)

REDACTED

completely undo all changes that Avast has made
« on: August 17, 2018, 02:36:21 PM »
Hi,

I installed Avast CleanUp today and worked through the process to improve speed.

Is there a way to undo all of the changes and put the PC back to how it was before Avast was installed?

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: completely undo all changes that Avast has made
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2018, 03:17:48 PM »
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2018, 06:08:56 AM »
That doesn't do anything! I still have the mess left by Avast Premuim Cleanup!

I can't find my order ID. Bought Avast Premier Cleanup 2nd July but it has messed up all my Picasa photos twice giving me hours of work trying to restore the data base. Has also removed paid for e-books from all the folders and I've lost on all those purchases!
No reply from Avast to me emails either. I am really upset. I know it's over 30 days but I want to remove the program, get a refund and cancel subscription please. Thank you!

When I put in my last 4 digits of the card I paid with it says "invalid" which is incorrect. If I try to put the last 5 digits it does not show up. Really frustrating!

I paid for Avast premium Cleanup in early July. Since doing a cleanup I have ended up with a corrupted for all my 1000's of photos in Picasa and lost paid for e-books from folders in Documents since doing a duplicates cleanup! The first is extremely frustrating, the second expensive and I cannot replace the books.

I have emailed Avast three times with no response to this problem.
I tried umpteen times to get help via the online portal and also cancel my subscription and get a refund, even though it is now over 30 days, but each time I cannot proceed. I lost my ID.When I try to get it and have to enter 5 last digits on my credit card I can't, because the form will only accept four, and when I do that it says it is "invalid" even though all the details are correct.

What do I have to do to get a response from Avast?!!!! Now I am getting angry as well as frustrated. It will take me hours to try to get my database restored as it is painfully slow. I'm going to uninstall the program after I hear from Avast. I will not recommend this program to anyone and am extremely disappointed and surprised at Avast managements lack of response and have lost trust in what I thought was a reputable company.

Come on Avast! This is not good enough. Your reputation is at stake.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2018, 06:15:42 AM »
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2018, 12:35:12 PM »
How do I access your reply#3 ????
You have not replied to my specific request for an answer to my message AND to cancel any further subscription.
Will you please reply to my message and not send me to something I cannot access.
I will never buy any more Avast products after this woeful service!

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2018, 12:39:06 PM »
How do I access your reply#3 ????
Just enter/use 00000000 and explain it in your request.

REDACTED

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2018, 12:29:35 PM »
Asyn could you please be a bit more specific. Where do I enter 00000000 ? It shouldn't take this long to get answers....
Thanks,
Mausie

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2018, 03:14:27 PM »
Asyn could you please be a bit more specific. Where do I enter 00000000 ?
I can't find my order ID.

REDACTED

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2018, 02:45:11 PM »
How many times do I have to ask for help? This is just disgraceful Avast. Please confirm you have cancelled my subscription. I am uninstalling Avast premium Cleaner as of now. The worst product I have ever paid for with all the time I have wasted trying to undo all the damage to my photos database...Not even an apology. Never again!