Author Topic: Recently discovered issue with Premier's WIFI Inspector  (Read 1164 times)

REDACTED

Recently discovered issue with Premier's WIFI Inspector
« on: August 18, 2018, 05:10:33 PM »
So I've just switched to Avast and it's being fairly nice to use.

A couple month ago, I found out when playing online games such as Path of Exile and Warframe, I will have frequent lag and some of them will last too long that I timed out from the session causing me to lose progress in the game. I later tested with DOOM's multiplayer and other players also seems to be "teleporting" around, which is a problem usually caused by unstable internet connection.

I've also tested Path of Exile on my laptop in the same internet environment and didn't experience the lag I had on my Desktop.

Furthermore, when connecting my PC to my TV to play some videos across the local WIFI, the video also commonly stopped with an error on the TV displaying "losing connection with the computer". Which wasn't an issue when I first got the TV.

A few days ago, I finally decided to try to mess around with Avast, turning off functions that I thought may causing the problem. And after I turned off the WIFI-Inspector and restart my PC, things seems goes back to normal.

I mean, when I am doing something else like downloading stuff or chatting online, things worked fine. It's only when I am doing something that requires a constant and steady flow of internet communication, things started to lag and disconnect. So if I can make a suggestion, I would suggest maybe tune down the WIFI Inspector a bit, or at least have a mode you can switch on when doing some stuff that requires a lot of back and forth communications. Like, Avast already has a "Game Mode" where notifications won't pop out and some other stuff, but it doesn't seem to give some internet privileges to the currently running game.

If you are also experiencing frequent (very frequent) lagging and disconnection when you are gaming, you can try turn off the WIFI Inspector and see if that works for you.