Author Topic: Version: 18.6.2349  (Read 62129 times)

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: NEW Version: 18.6.2349
« Reply #60 on: September 03, 2018, 12:17:11 AM »
Go to Menu> Settings> Components> Scroll down to Do Not Disturb Mode and disable it.
See if that makes a difference and report back.

Interesting, two things:
1.  presumably this feature isn't available/compatible with XP as it isn't in the Components > Performance section.
2.  it isn't installed on my win10 avast free installation.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline bob3160

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • 64 Years of Happiness
    • bob3160 Protecting Yourself, Your Computer and, Your Identity
« Reply #61 on: September 03, 2018, 12:19:00 AM »
Go to Menu> Settings> Components> Scroll down to Do Not Disturb Mode and disable it.

Interesting, two things:
1.  presumably this feature isn't available/compatible with XP as it isn't in the Components > Performance section.
Maybe you didn't install that component ??? It's on my windows 10 and the Free version of Avast.
Free Security Seminar: https://bit.ly/bobg2023  -  Important: http://www.organdonor.gov/ -- My Web Site: http://bob3160.strikingly.com/ - Win 11 Pro v22H2 64bit, 16 Gig Ram, 1TB SSD, Avast Free 23.5.6066, How to Successfully Install Avast http://goo.gl/VLXdeRepair & Clean Install https://goo.gl/t7aJGq -- My Online Activity https://bit.ly/BobGInternet

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #62 on: September 03, 2018, 12:34:37 AM »

Interesting, two things:
Maybe you didn't install that component ??? It's on my windows 10 and the Free version of Avast.

I can't recall doing it and most of my recent program updates (on both my XP and win10 systems) have been manual program updates from the UI, not a clean install and custom settings.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline NON

• Japanese User
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • Whatever will be, will be.
« Reply #63 on: September 03, 2018, 01:05:12 PM »
Hello!
Today after this update of Avast my computer have a strange behavior that it didn't have until today. Basically some games I play like Europa Universalis 4 or Rocket League, during the game it's minimize automatically the game while I didn't press alt + tab. I do count the minutes and I noticed that the game I play goes minimezed every 3:30 minutes.

I tried restarting the PC (the first thing I did), then I tried enable/disable the silent mode and lastly disable all avast components. None of this helped. Since yesterday I didn't have any issues and from today yes It's important to specific that I didn't installed any software or surfed malicious websites. I did like I do every day, facebook, gaming, reddit/9gag and some news.

Searching to google about this issue, I found this link:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/440/discussions/0/1738841319810907976/

It's been posted from a few days ago and the user which opened that tread said that he have Avast as antivirus aswell and by that I'm almost convinced that it's Avast fault since from yesterday, to today only this software got the update and nothing else happened to my PC as I said before.

He used to fix his problem using windowed mode and back to full-screen. In my case this didn't solved.

My issue is happening to an Asus Rog G752VY-GC178T with W10 x64 PRO OS.
If disabling Silent Mode (now Do Not Disturb mode) does not help, try to uninstall DND mode component.
You can do that via Settings => Components, or via Control Panel => Add/Remove Programs.
Desktop: Win10 Pro 22H2 64bit / Core i5-7400 3.0GHz / 32GB RAM / Avast 23 Premium Beta(Icarus) / Comodo Firewall
Notebook: Win10 Pro 22H2 64bit / Core i5-3340M 2.7GHz / 12GB RAM / Avast 23 Free / Windows Firewall Control
Server: Win11 Pro 23H2 64bit / Core i3-4010U 1.7GHz / 12GB RAM / Avast One 23 Essential

Avast の設定について解説しています。よろしければご覧ください。

Offline Hried

• Avast team
« Reply #64 on: September 03, 2018, 02:32:17 PM »
DND mode is indeed not compatible with XP and as such, cannot be installed there.

Offline Hried

• Avast team
« Reply #65 on: September 03, 2018, 02:36:46 PM »
As for debugging this stealing focus problem, please also try killing the AvastUI.exe process before starting your game (without disabling DND mode). This needs to have self-defense disabled first in settings. Let us which of the two things helps and we can try reproducing it locally then.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #66 on: September 03, 2018, 03:09:51 PM »
DND mode is indeed not compatible with XP and as such, cannot be installed there.
Thanks, good to know.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #67 on: September 03, 2018, 06:37:12 PM »

Thanks for the confirmation, I though that may have been the case.

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
« Reply #68 on: September 03, 2018, 06:56:32 PM »
Not to stir the pot, but I don't recall this (seemingly now common issue) being discovered/reported during our beta testing. Did I miss it?
Mind you having said that we are short on beta testers.

Offline jaje

• “I choose a lazy person to do a hard job"
« Reply #69 on: September 03, 2018, 07:41:25 PM »

I'm back with news.
Unfortunatelly I don't have much information to give. All I can say is that I disabled 'Do Not Disturb Mode' and started a game which created issues. The game didn't alt+tab itself anymore.

Then I did the following:
- Closed the game, re-enabled Do Not Disturb Mode -> Start the game -> No issue (I found this strange)
- Restarted the computer -> Start the game -> No issue again

I'm not sure if only disabling / enabling this feature fixed my problem or just disappeared itself. I'll keep watching anyway. If the problem will appear in future, I'll try to test these configuration and come back. If I will not have anymore this issue, you won't see any reply from me here :-)
“I choose a lazy person to do a hard job. Because a lazy person will find an easy way to do it.” - Bill Gates

Offline bob3160

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • 64 Years of Happiness
    • bob3160 Protecting Yourself, Your Computer and, Your Identity
« Reply #70 on: September 03, 2018, 09:20:06 PM »

I'm back with news.
Unfortunatelly I don't have much information to give. All I can say is that I disabled 'Do Not Disturb Mode' and started a game which created issues. The game didn't alt+tab itself anymore.

- Closed the game, re-enabled Do Not Disturb Mode -> Start the game -> No issue (I found this strange)

I'm not sure if only disabling / enabling this feature fixed my problem or just disappeared itself. I'll keep watching anyway. If the problem will appear in future, I'll try to test these configuration and come back. If I will not have anymore this issue, you won't see any reply from me here :-)
After turning it off, did you hit the OK button on the bottom and then reboot the system ???
Free Security Seminar: https://bit.ly/bobg2023  -  Important: http://www.organdonor.gov/ -- My Web Site: http://bob3160.strikingly.com/ - Win 11 Pro v22H2 64bit, 16 Gig Ram, 1TB SSD, Avast Free 23.5.6066, How to Successfully Install Avast http://goo.gl/VLXdeRepair & Clean Install https://goo.gl/t7aJGq -- My Online Activity https://bit.ly/BobGInternet

Offline SpeedyPC

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Avast shall conquer the whole world
« Reply #71 on: September 04, 2018, 07:29:39 AM »
Hello!
Today after this update of Avast my computer has a strange behaviour that it didn't have until today. Basically, some games I play like Europa Universalis 4 or Rocket League, during the game it minimizes automatically the game while I didn't press alt + tab. I do count the minutes and I noticed that the game I play goes minimized every 3:30 minutes.

I tried restarting the PC (the first thing I did), then I tried to enable/disable the silent mode and lastly disable all avast components. None of this helped. Since yesterday I didn't have any issues and from today yes It's important to specify that I didn't installed any software or surfed malicious websites. I did like I do every day, Facebook, gaming, reddit/9gag and some news.

Searching to google about this issue, I found this link:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/440/discussions/0/1738841319810907976/

It's been posted from a few days ago and the user which opened that thread said that he have Avast as antivirus as well and by that, I'm almost convinced that it's Avast fault since from yesterday to today only this software got the update and nothing else happened to my PC as I said before.

He used to fix his problem using windowed mode and back to full-screen. In my case, this didn't solve.

My issue is happening to an Asus Rog G752VY-GC178T with W10 x64 PRO OS.

I have the same issue with my laptop ASUS G75VX-T4153H with W8.1 x64 OS, so I've reinstalled back to v18.5.2342 until the issue has been resolved.
Gigabyte 670 LGA1200 Full ATX MB | Intel Core i9-13900 CPU/LGA 1700 | GeForce Nvidia RTX-4070/12GB | 32GB DDR4 | 2 x 1TB Samsung SSD | W11 Home 64bit | Avast Premium v24.3.6108 | Avast SecureLine VPN | Avast Secure Browser | Avast Driver Updater | Avast BreachGuard | Firefox 64bit | MalwareBytes Premium | Adguard Premium | CCleaner Portable | Macrium Reflect | 7-Zip

Offline Hried

• Avast team
« Reply #72 on: September 04, 2018, 11:29:14 AM »

I'm back with news.

Thanks for the update. I would be very surprised if this was indeed caused by DND mode. Since you have it on now, in case you encounter the issue again trying killing AvastUI.exe instead - that would be my most likely culprit. Also if you can send us contents of your C:\ProgramData\Avast Software\Avast\log folder, we can have a look if we find anything strange here.

Note: even though the UI reports a restart is needed, disabling/re-enabling DND mode is applied immediately as long you have closed the programs and run them again.

Offline jaje

• “I choose a lazy person to do a hard job"
« Reply #73 on: September 04, 2018, 03:55:43 PM »
Sure,
I sent you a PM with logs.

“I choose a lazy person to do a hard job. Because a lazy person will find an easy way to do it.” - Bill Gates

REDACTED

« Reply #74 on: September 04, 2018, 10:56:33 PM »

I'm back with news.

Thanks for the update. I would be very surprised if this was indeed caused by DND mode. Since you have it on now, in case you encounter the issue again trying killing AvastUI.exe instead - that would be my most likely culprit. Also if you can send us contents of your C:\ProgramData\Avast Software\Avast\log folder, we can have a look if we find anything strange here.

Note: even though the UI reports a restart is needed, disabling/re-enabling DND mode is applied immediately as long you have closed the programs and run them again.

The same type here :/