Author Topic: Dirac Live - not seeing processor upon network scan - RESOLVED  (Read 3101 times)

Offline davidsheridan51

My home cinema processor runs an application, Dirac Live, to minimise room interference and provide the best possible sound.
The first step of the application is to pick up the processor, it's currently not finding the processor on the network.
I can see both the laptop the application runs from and the processor on the network in window's Explorer, network view.

I've been through Windows defender and ensured all ports are open for the application.
Been into Avast and ensured Application rules are set for the program, also packet rules to ensure everything is allowed.
I've turned the appropriate shields off for the programs within Components.

when I check the Firewall Blocked traffic report I can see my processor ip address, ending in .11 trying to connect but the program accessing the ip address is System, not Dirac and the reason for the block is No Rule Found.

In Firewall, Protection, under Apps Recently Managed by your Firewall I see System with Blocked in red. This aligns with what I see about in the Firewall blocked log.
What is the System (app?) that is being blocked?

Any advice would be appreciated. 

Tried turning off the Firewall and the application picked up my processor without any issues so definitely an Avast problem and obviously I don't want to be turning my Firewall off - the application takes about one hour to run, goes through a lot of individual measurement and then calculates and updates the processor with the optimum curve
« Last Edit: August 22, 2018, 12:55:40 PM by davidsheridan51 »

Offline mchain

• Avast Evangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • Spartan Warrior
Re: Dirac Live - not seeing processor upon network scan
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2018, 07:17:49 AM »
What is your home network set to?  Private or Public?  I'm guessing Public as you say
In Firewall, Protection, under Apps Recently Managed by your Firewall I see System with Blocked in red. This aligns with what I see about in the Firewall blocked log.
What is the System (app?) that is being blocked?
Try changing to Private and enabling Internet Connection Sharing Mode.

You may need to reboot for this to work.
Windows 10 Home 64-bit 22H2 Avast Premier Security version 24.1.6099 (build 24.1.88821.762)  UI version 1.0.797
 UI version 1.0.788.  Windows 11 Home 23H2 - Windows 11 Pro 23H2 Avast Premier Security version 24.2.6105 (build 24.1.8918.827) UI version 1.0.801

Offline davidsheridan51

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2018, 10:01:14 AM »
My network is private as I'm doing this at home.
Do you still advise me to turn on Internet Connection Sharing Mode?

PS  …….   I hate the Verification process as it very difficult to make out what letters need to be typed, usually requiring many attempts to get right and the Listen option invariably only lists the first letter.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2018, 10:15:38 AM »
PS  …….   I hate the Verification process as it very difficult to make out what letters need to be typed, usually requiring many attempts to get right and the Listen option invariably only lists the first letter.
Captcha is only needed for your first 3 posts. (Spam protection)
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline davidsheridan51

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2018, 12:09:17 PM »
Ok, thanks  ……    new to the forum.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2018, 12:25:02 PM »
You're welcome.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline davidsheridan51

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2018, 12:54:59 PM »
Enabling Internet Connection sharing Mode, followed by a restart resolved my issue.

Dirac can now pick up my processor when it scans my network and thus allows me to more forward with the process of room calibration.

Thanks for the help.