Author Topic: Outlook 2003 Send/Receive Won't Respond with Avast Add-in Activated  (Read 1889 times)

RCSNC

I am running Outlook 2003 on my home computer with Avast Antivirus 4.6.  A few weeks ago Send/Receive quit working.  It would not work automatically or manually.  If you clicked on the button or menu there was no response.  I first assumed the problem was ISP related, then pst file related, then maybe avast related, etc.  I went through all the usual steps, including stopping Avast completely, nothing worked. Creating a new profile solved the problem.  The new profile worked instantly, with no tweaks, so I assumed the old profile was corrupt.

This weekend it happened again.  After scanning the computer for everthing (all clear), repairing/updating Office, repairing pst file (no errors), the problem still existed.  An Outlook related forum on another site suggested I check which Add-ins were running.  At the following menu:

Outlook 2000 > Tools menu > Options > Other > Advanced Options > Add-In Manager

I disabled Avast.  The new profile began working, the old profile began working.  All is well but I don't have e-mail scanning. 

Has anyone else run into this problem?  How did you fix?  Any help appreciated! ???

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Outlook 2003 Send/Receive Won't Respond with Avast Add-in Activated
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2006, 05:03:25 PM »
I suggest that you try a program update as the latest version is 4.7.844 then check if the problem still exists.

Do you happen to have the MSN search toolbar or Desptop search tool ?
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security