Author Topic: Third party ads.  (Read 2621 times)

REDACTED

Third party ads.
« on: August 24, 2018, 12:22:32 AM »
I have Avast premier for 3 PC's which pitches that this gives you Avast mobile security pro for my phone's.  It seems wrong that you pay for a service and then you are bombarded with third party ads and upgrade ads Everytime you use it.  What did I pay for the program but that means if you use it then we will advertise that is wrong.  I have been a Avast customer for years.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Third party ads.
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2018, 01:11:28 AM »
Have you looked in the avast settings, I don't know if it is in the Privacy settings now about showing other avast products (or wording to that effect).

It has changed recently and the option doesn't exist in the avast free version (which I use), so I can't be more precise.

EDIT:  Sorry I have noticed that you have posted this in the Avast Mobile Security for Android forum.  Can you clarify where you are seeing these ads/promotions ?

If as I suspect it is in the Avast Premier, then this should have been in the Avast Free Antivirus / Pro Antivirus / Internet Security/ Premier forum.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 01:18:34 AM by DavidR »
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security