Author Topic: Starting browser on computer start-up crashes offline computer.  (Read 1588 times)

REDACTED

My web was down. (Bad ISP.) I started my computer and noticed. When i went to use my computer offline I noticed something was lagging out my computer. I couldn't find it in task manager (windows 7). When my web came back on avast secure browser started up and said it was set to start on computer boot up. I successfully uninstalled it, unplugged my web to test, restarted, and now i can use my computer offline :) theres more to it, since i tried unsuccessfully to uninstall it (and avast antivirus). but without web the uninstallers lagged out so i restarted. i also shut down a few services but they seem to be back up.

i believe avast secure browser, with setting to auto start on computer start, was crashing my computer when web was down. i could be wrong, but the devs can maybe duplicate this bug and fix. the install date for browser was may 5th 2018, i dont know the version.

Note the bug completely locked me out of viewing network and sharing center. i had to use task manager to close it. When i started a offline game it at least got to the load screen.

I make the thread with honorable intentions and i respect the devs. Good luck on your journeys!