Author Topic: Does anyone know how to change firewall scan mode  (Read 882 times)

Offline usalabs14

Does anyone know how to change firewall scan mode
« on: August 25, 2018, 05:29:35 PM »
I have the paid version of internet security and was wondering how to change the firewall scan mode, IE, When I used to use AVG, I could change the firewall to request user intervention when a program is requesting to open any ports, or to just allow AVG to decide what to do with it, I know I can set each packet rule, but that only affects existing packet rules.

What I'm looking for is to set Avast firewall to ask me what to do when a program not in the rule list is attempting to open ports in the firewall, atm, any program I run seems to be automatically allowed, I checked the setting for the default rule and it is set to 'ask', but newly run programs are still being allowed regardless of the setting, oh, and before someone asks,,, this computer recently had an HD change and everything was re-installed, not from backups, windows 10 (build 1803) was installed from a DVD previously burnt from a clean ISO downloaded via the MS media creation tool, and Avast was downloaded from the Avast website, so nothing was run from backups.

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
« Last Edit: August 25, 2018, 06:21:39 PM by schmidthouse »