Author Topic: Passwords didn't start properly error  (Read 14826 times)

REDACTED

Passwords didn't start properly error
« on: August 27, 2018, 08:59:25 PM »
iMac and Safari - downloaded the Password app. after installing the app it does it's steps and then comes up with error message "Avast Passwords didn't start properly" I reinstalled got same message.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2018, 09:30:19 PM by rparks »

REDACTED

Re: Passwords didn't start properly error
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2018, 04:14:07 AM »
I am having the same problem.  Was working great--synced with my phone, etc.  Downloaded and installed an update, and I get the "Avast Passwords didn't start properly" message.  Uninstalled Avast security, reinstalled, same problem.  Is there a solution?

Offline David Mokos

• Avast team
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2018, 02:38:42 PM »
Hello,
there has been a release of version 2.6.1 of Avast Passwords for Mac. Does the new version solve your problem?

Best regards,
David

Offline EgorUk

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2019, 10:19:41 PM »
The problem persists. Every time after restarting/starting the computer I get the same messages and have to manually quit and start the Avasts to make it work. Same problem on my friend's Mac. Please advise or fix the issue. My Avast version is 2.6.3.4

Thank you

Offline Nels4

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2019, 08:10:12 PM »
Having similar issue. Just got a new computer and avast password will not open no matter how many times i uninstall and reinstall. Is there any fix?

error message says:
Fatal error: Could not initialize application. Received error: unknown: file /Users/teamcity/buildAgent/work/6f51779db087e56f/sources/Shared/Sources/Services/Context/ApplicationGlobalContext.swift, line 61

« Last Edit: July 08, 2019, 08:12:04 PM by Nels4 »