Author Topic: Avast Cleanup Premium slowing down computer and running unwanted scans  (Read 2790 times)

REDACTED

Okay since I've had Avast Cleanup Premium I've had some problems. First of all my pictures on Facebook disappear. I've put that down to the useless VPN though, because when I turn it off, hello, I get my pictures back.
Secondly how do I stop Avast Cleanup Premium from scanning when I didn't ask it to and don't want it too. It just scans automatically and then I get a window telling me that I'm 67% tuned up. Did I ask for that? No.

Offline Stellarman

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
Re: Avast Cleanup Premium slowing down computer and running unwanted scans
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2018, 02:32:42 PM »
Okay since I've had Avast Cleanup Premium I've had some problems. First of all my pictures on Facebook disappear. I've put that down to the useless VPN though, because when I turn it off, hello, I get my pictures back.
Secondly how do I stop Avast Cleanup Premium from scanning when I didn't ask it to and don't want it too. It just scans automatically and then I get a window telling me that I'm 67% tuned up. Did I ask for that? No.

Hello,

regarding the problem with Facebook pictures it is most likely connected with a VPN rather than Cleanup because Cleanup does not interfere in the network communication in any way.

About the unwanted scanning, thank you for pointing it out!
Currently the automatic scanning is set to be performed once a week. We are aware that this might not be convenient for everyone so we work on enabling the settings to the paid users where you could setup how often you want to scan automatically or whether you want to disable it completely.

This functionality will be introduced in the upcoming versions so please be patient with us.

Thank you and have a nice day!