Author Topic: now I'm free to enjoy AsBorder  (Read 3410 times)

REDACTED

now I'm free to enjoy AsBorder
« on: August 28, 2018, 08:29:29 PM »
One thing I find hard to use with Avast Internet Security is the short lived popup notification. I perceive 2 side effects when this popup activates: 1 - focus is taken away for the window I'm working in. 2 - when I'm concentrating on something else, it takes a moment to look over and try to understand what the message is trying to tell me. Often the popup disappears and I can't find the message any where else in avast to try to make better sense of it.

Today I received a popup that said something like "You are now free to enjoy AsBorder without interruption". The message went away and I can't find anything in avast to show me what it did to allow this access. I looked in the allows application, but it's not there. I looked in notifications, but it's not there.

Where should I look? I don't recall adding anything called AsBorder to my system. Does anyone know anything about this? Is it malware?

Avast Internet Security
Program Version: 18.6.2349 (build 18.6.3983.0)
Virus Definition version: 180828-2
Number of definitions: 4,601,387

thanks

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: now I'm free to enjoy AsBorder
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2018, 08:35:58 AM »
One thing I find hard to use with Avast Internet Security is the short lived popup notification.
Hi, you can adjust the duration in the settings.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Online CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2018, 08:49:52 AM »
Can you right click the Avast icon in tray and choose "show last popup message"

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2018, 08:52:44 AM »
Hi Craig, this option has been removed a while ago.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2018, 10:06:37 AM »

Yes, as far as I'm concerned for no good reason, this was a very useful function.  It allowed users to do a screenshot or review the information after a state of panic after an alert.  We had been asking for a revision/improvement of the tray icon context menu for some considerable time (and this was basically agreed) to allow quick access to areas of the avastUI. 
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Online CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2018, 11:56:15 AM »
Disappointing  :(

Offline Tomáš Vybíral

• Avast team
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2018, 10:12:22 AM »
Today I received a popup that said something like "You are now free to enjoy AsBorder without interruption". The message went away and I can't find anything in avast to show me what it did to allow this access. I looked in the allows application, but it's not there. I looked in notifications, but it's not there.

Where should I look? I don't recall adding anything called AsBorder to my system. Does anyone know anything about this? Is it malware?

It looks like the AsBorder app was detected in Do Not Disturb Mode (You can find it under Performance>Do Not Disturb Mode).

REDACTED

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2018, 09:45:19 PM »
This was the info I needed. Thank you.

There was indeed an entry in Do Not Disturb for AsBorder, which appears to be a utility for Cisco's Webex conferencing software.

I can relax a little now. ;)

Vince