Author Topic: New and Old problems with current version....  (Read 713 times)

Offline merlin3

New and Old problems with current version....
« on: September 05, 2018, 07:28:49 AM »
This version really screwed me.

It is not listed on your changelog that I can see above.  But you REMOVED the ability to use leading asterisks in the exclusion list.  So */My Random Folder/* no longer works... and since I do not know the user profile name that is going to be on the computer it is IMPOSSIBLE for me to create an exclusion.

You also removed the ability to use *.exe it HAS to END in *... so "C:\Users\Public\Desktop\*.exe" NO LONGER WORKS!
Also as I had it "*\Users\Public\Desktop\*.exe" does not work ether.  Is the removal of your wild card support a bug or did you just do it to us intentionally?

Also.. The letters in the CAPTCHA are OBNOXIOUS!!! I CANNOT READ THEM!!!

You still have not fixed the bug where the hardened exclusion list is blank unless you add something to it, click okay and then go back.

eMail has stopped working.  When I run a test eMail it goes through.  But when my client encounters a virus I get NO EMAIL AT ALL!!

Otherwise.. great product!  Love it dearly.. It is just costing me hundreds of dollars and hours of labor so I am annoyed.  Oh, also annoyed that you are willfully installing a browser on my clients computers that they DO NOT WANT!  Please stop doing that.  It is completely counter productive to what you are and makes me wonder.

I called to find out what eMail address I could send my feedback to.  I was told to send it to billing.  When I told the woman that this was unprofessional and you should have a place for me to send my feedback and I wanted her to relay that to management.. She told me they do not really do that.  So I am pretty upset now.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: New and Old problems with current version....
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2018, 07:35:52 AM »
Captcha is only needed for your first 3 posts. (Spam protection)
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0