Author Topic: You guys have screwed up real bad this time...  (Read 5141 times)

REDACTED

You guys have screwed up real bad this time...
« on: August 28, 2018, 10:11:41 AM »
I am loyal business customer for AVAST since 2012 and I was happy like thousands other customers until you released this new version.

The new release is clearly a broken piece of software that have much less features but lot of unfixed bugs.

There are large number of threads in this forum with no single reply from your support. this behavior is forcing your customers to look for alternatives.

Unfortunately AVAST security solutions are no longer a good security option for any business.

Offline .: Mac :.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
Re: You guys have screwed up real bad this time...
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2018, 11:23:14 AM »
Hello!

Can you let us know what product version you are running and the issues you are having? I assure you we would love to try to help!

Mac
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2018, 01:03:14 PM »
Hi Mac,

We are using AVAST business Antivirus Pro managed centrally (On- premises) with version# 18.5.2535 (Console Version is 5.0.103) installed on Windows server 2012 R2.

below is the list of some issues we are unable to solve:

Issue #1,
Avast Business Antivirus Pro not accepting proxy settings for updating , even if we give full authentication , it will not update and we got the error message ‘Host unreachable’

It will only update thru the first option with no proxy. There was no issue with Avast small office administration (ASOA) on updating with the same proxy.

Issue#2
The communication between the server with other pc’s seems ok , thru the console can see the status of all installed pc and can activate any installed pc with no issues.

However, other PC’s can’t get the updates from the server automatically , even if we create a task manually for updating still nothing happens.

Issue#3

SMTP issue.. we have Exchange 2010 installed and managed on-premises and it was working and communicating fine with Avast small office administration (ASOA) but with new release its just not working .. it will always through error message.

We tried every solution possible from our side but the above mentioned 3 issues still unfixed.

« Last Edit: August 28, 2018, 01:08:57 PM by abmola »

Offline misak

• Avast team
    • Personal page (CZE)
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2018, 02:33:12 PM »
Hi Abmola,

thank you for sharing more details with us.

Issue #1,
Avast Business Antivirus Pro not accepting proxy settings for updating , even if we give full authentication , it will not update and we got the error message ‘Host unreachable’

It will only update thru the first option with no proxy. There was no issue with Avast small office administration (ASOA) on updating with the same proxy.

This is confirmed error. There are several fixes for proxy in upcoming version 6.0. Also, Proxy support for On-Premise Console has been added.

Issue#2
The communication between the server with other pc’s seems ok , thru the console can see the status of all installed pc and can activate any installed pc with no issues.

However, other PC’s can’t get the updates from the server automatically , even if we create a task manually for updating still nothing happens.

We found an issue in Master Agent. Microupdate fixing the issue is now being distributed.

Issue#3

SMTP issue.. we have Exchange 2010 installed and managed on-premises and it was working and communicating fine with Avast small office administration (ASOA) but with new release its just not working .. it will always through error message.

We tried every solution possible from our side but the above mentioned 3 issues still unfixed.

Need more information, log files to see what is wrong there. This issue has not been addressed so far.

We are in the final stage of testing On-premise Console 6.0, which is scheduled to be released before the end of next week. Together with the console, the AV 18.6 will be released as well.
First two bugs described above are fixed and moreover, there will be new features for you.

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2018, 08:01:06 AM »
Hi Misak,

Thank you for the reply. its good to know that finally we are going to receive a fix for long pending issues.

for Issue # 3,
I searched for related logs but no success .. can you please guide us where we can find the logs?!

Issue #4,
I started noticing new issue since few days and its a notification from windows 10 stating that AVAST is turned off whereas its working fine. (see below screenshot). Note: this issue occurs only with starting of windows 10.

my windows 10 version is 1607

« Last Edit: August 29, 2018, 08:03:29 AM by abmola »

Offline misak

• Avast team
    • Personal page (CZE)
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2018, 04:02:07 PM »
Please try to find SMTP related error in main.log, located in C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Management Console\console\log by default.
More important in this case is log from your Exchange server. Guide where to find it https://serverfault.com/questions/236186/where-are-the-logs-for-exchange-2010-stored

#issue 4
Avast FW component has 3 states. Installed & Turned On, Installed & Turned Off, Uninstalled. Windows 10 displays the message in case of state "Installed & Turned Off". Turn the FW on or uninstall the component from a device (in this case Windows firewall will be used) to resolve the issue.

REDACTED

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2018, 09:18:25 AM »
Hi Misak,

Thank you for the reply. we have enabled logging in Exchange 2010 and then applied the SMTP setting in AVAST console but the logs are not showing any activity.

I executed the SMTP change in 5th Sept but my last modified AVAST log is on 4th Sept which mean AVAST is not logging any SMTP configuration activity.

Same is for Exchange 2010 logs, there is no single line related to AVAST request. it seems AVAST console is not even sending any request to Exchange server.

for issue#4, since day one I installed windows 10 I turned off the windows firewall and it never notified me about this issue until I recently upgraded to latest AVAST release.

please let me know what I can do next to solve those pending issues.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2018, 09:52:31 AM by abmola »