Author Topic: Avast Business Cloud Management Console Version 6.0 and Antivirus 18.6  (Read 4011 times)

Offline Sean.G

• Avast team
Hi,

Avast Business Cloud Management Console 6.0 has just been released (10th September 2018). This release delivers a brand new feature to our installation options.

Feature

Remote Deployment is now available! You will now be able to scan your network for devices and remotely deploy Avast Antivirus to them. The following features of Remote Deployment will be available:

1. Designate a master agent – Select a device in the network to act as the master agent that will push out the Avast Antivirus installer file. This will save internet bandwidth as the devices will receive the installer file from the master agent and not the internet.

2. Scan your network via Active Directory – You can add in your Domain, Username and Password of your Active Directory that will allow the Avast Business Cloud Console to scan for devices through Active Directory and provide a list of these devices.[/li]

• Hide devices that already have Avast antivirus installed
  • Hide devices that are unavailable and unable to install to
  • See your current Active Directory Groups and what devices are assigned to those groups for deployment
  • See current Status of each device – ready for deployment, unable to install, installed, unavailable and awaiting status
  • See the device name and IP address
  • Search for a device
  • Copy the whole group structure of Active Directory

3. Select devices for deployment – From the list of devices that have been found, you can select which devices Avast Antivirus will be installed to.
4. Define your installer settings – Configure settings before you deploy Avast Antivirus to your devices:

• See total number of devices that you will deploy to
  • Select which license you will use for these devices
  • Select a group that your devices will be associated with after deployment
  • Uninstall existing (competitive) Antivirus products automatically during the deployment of Avast Antivirus client
  • Information on device reboots and automatic license activation

5. Deploy – Start the deployment.
6. Deployment results - Shows results of the remote deployment to your devices via the Remote Deployment button on the left navigation menu.

• Any failed deployments will show and you will have the ability to attempt a re-deployment to those devices
  • Remotely force a reboot to devices that have successfully installed Avast Antivirus
  • Discard deployment – if any devices are waiting in queue to deploy Avast Antivirus client, you can cancel/discard the deployment

Avast Business Antivirus Version 18.6
Along with our 6.0 Cloud Console Release, we have also released Avast Business Antivirus Client Version 18.6 which introduces some enhancements and bug fixes!

More information can be found in our release notes: Avast Business Cloud Management Console Version 6.0 Release Notes

And

Avast Business Antivirus Version 18.6

Regards,

Your Avast Business Team
« Last Edit: September 10, 2018, 10:02:33 PM by Sean.G »

REDACTED

Re: Avast Business Cloud Management Console Version 6.0 and Antivirus 18.6
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2018, 02:09:44 PM »
Hi, I'm running version 18.5 (2535) of Avast Business from Cloud Management Console.
The Devices tab tells me "updated".
How can I upgrade to 18.6?

BTW Master Agent aren't deploying with 18.5.

Thank you, regards

Dave

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2018, 02:55:33 PM »
Thank you.
Can you confirm that Master Agent isn't deploying correctly with versions lower than 18.6?

Regards,

Dave

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2018, 06:32:05 PM »
I can confirm it myself!  :)

Uninstalled v18.5, created a new MSI install package and installed v18.6.
Master Agent and AD Scanning works correctly!

I'll post back my progesses in Remote Distribution.

Regards,

Dave

REDACTED

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2018, 07:53:56 PM »
Ok,Folks, it looks like Remote Distribution has some issues...  :(

As you can see from attachment it keeps searching and waiting answer from Master Agent saying that "Master Agent is offline".
But MA is online!

Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you,

Dave

REDACTED

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2018, 12:46:06 PM »
Nice!