Author Topic: What the hell did you do to Avast?!  (Read 1817 times)

REDACTED

What the hell did you do to Avast?!
« on: September 08, 2018, 03:24:59 PM »
I've been using Avast for many years with only minor complaints, but holy cow is the latest version a complete shit-show I woke up and couldn't get any websites to load at all, spent nearly 2 hours trying to diagnose WTF was going on, turned out Avast decided to block all traffic going through my VPN, and there was no way I'm going to chose Avast over my VPN so I am now having to kill Avast whenever I want to go online which is precisely when I don't want to kill Avast.
I couldn't be bothered dealing with that shit today so I spent most of the rest of the day playing Battlefield V, till I started getting disconnected from that, but it doesn't go through the VPN so I spent another hour trying to figure out why BFV wasn't working, till I decided in desperation to kill Avast, and low and behold it started working again.

Given that 99% of my computer use is playing games or using the internet this has basically made Avast completely unusable, anyone know of a different Virus scanner that actually lets you use the computer?

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: What the hell did you do to Avast?!
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2018, 04:41:08 PM »
- Which Avast..? (Free/Pro/IS/Premier)
- Which version..?
- OS..? (32/64 Bit..? - which SP/Build..?)
- Other security related software installed..?
- Which AV(s) did you use before Avast..?
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline stephanie210

Re: What the hell did you do to Avast?!
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2019, 03:22:45 PM »
I have the same issues. I tried to put battle Field Exec file in and Origin Exe file in exceptions under settings but it just caused more lag. If i turn off Behavior Shield and File Shield it runs with NO issues at all. My WOW runs with no problem while all shields on avast are running.