Consumer Products > Avast SecureLine VPN

How do you shut off the VPN secureline advertisement pop up on PC

(1/1)

REDACTED:
 >:(  I decided not to renew my Avast VPN secureline service for my PC.  It's been 5 days since expiration and yet I continue getting the damn daily pop-up asking the same question it's asked for 6 weeks. It sometimes interferes with something else I am working on.  It's abusive marketing and I want to shut it off.  I don't think you need to harass loyal customers who use many other Avast services to the point where I considering letting all Avast services expire, not renew, then completely uninstall and move to another provider.  WHAT YOU SHOULD DO, IS PROVIDE A SIMPLE CHECKBOX RIGHT ON THE POP-UP ADVERTISEMENT TO "EXTEND" OR "RENEW" OR "DISCONTINUE NOTIFICATION".  SERIOUSLY.  DON'T ANNOY YOUR CUSTOMERS. 

Asyn:
-> https://support.avast.com/article/96/ (Add/Remove components)

REDACTED:
Hate to bump a thread after a month of lying dormant.... but this is not a valid solution, at least... not anymore.

I had already removed this component a good while back--and I am continually  geting harassed about SecureLine VPN.  EVERY BOOT OF THE LAPTOP (have gotten back onto FFXI again because of Nasomi's server, so it is a daily thing now--sometimes multiple times a day on weekends). It even throws up a big banner across the bottom of the UI EVERYTIME I OPEN IT about the privacy issues--the resolve button goes right into prompting me to subscribe to SL-VPN.  THERE IS NO OPTION TO DECLINE AT ALL--ONLY WAY OUT IS TO JUST CLOSE THE PANELS.

The components page shows NOTHING about installing/uninstalling the feature when you click the down arrow.  It just gives a description about the feature.

And yes... I just updated it again, even though it was fairly current already: v. 18.7.2354 (build 18.7.4041.0), Definitions 182013-8.

Just to see if it would make any difference, I went into appwiz to change the install to add the SL-VPN component the "old-fashioned" way.... and still no change.  Prompts me about the privacy issues, trying to strong-arm get me into subscribing to SL-VPN.  Again, the drop down for the component listing is still not showing any options for uninstall or anything--just the description of the feature.

The really stupid thing about it all is that I actually already have VPN's I use--same products on my phone as well.  I do NOT need to subscribe to yet another VPN service.

There NEEDS to be a way to opt out of these particular nag screens.

DavidR:
Crucially you don't mention what avast Program you are using, yes you gave the version number but not if this is avast free or one of the paid versions of avast ?

There is no way to disable promotions/ads for other avast products.  You can disable these promotions for other avast products if you are using one of the paid versions.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version