Author Topic: Avast Antivirus Free: program does not show user interface  (Read 1850 times)

REDACTED

Avast Antivirus Free: program does not show user interface
« on: September 11, 2018, 05:44:07 PM »
I own an AVA Direct gaming desktop PC purchased in Spring 2017. It is running Microsoft Windows 10 Pro edition 64 bit build version 1803 (17134.254 to be exact). I researched how to download and install Avast Antivirus Free for Windows 10 and it successfully installed. The problem is that when I double click on the Avast Antivirus Free icon, nothing shows up. I go into Task Manager and it shows that the process for Avast Antivirus is running and I can not end it. When I try to open the program multiple times, extra processes show up in the Task Manager, but not user interface loads up. I am not even getting the user interface has loaded error which requires me to turn on Microsoft Windows 10 Remote Desktop and Background Intelligent Services error message. I simply see nothing in terms of a user interface loading up whatsoever.

I also own an Acer Predator 17X (GX-791) and ASUS ROG STRIX GL702ZC gaming notebook PCs running Microsoft Windows 10 Pro edition 64 bit build version 1803. Avast Antivirus Free installed properly and the user interface loaded up without problems. I created an Avast account and authorized the other gaming notebook PC to synchronize my empty password database. It seems to be working just fine on my gaming notebook PCs, but it refuses to load up the user interface on my AVA Direct gaming desktop PC.

I installed it using my primary Microsoft Windows 10 administrator account. I made sure to disable Microsoft Windows 10 Security (also known as Defender). I made sure to exit third-party firewall software like my Glasswire Elite. It installed just fine. I even used the build in repair tool and restarted. I also used the Avast cleaner to remove it in Safe Mode and reinstalled it. I deleted the %TEMP% folder contents. I turned on Background Intelligent Services Transfer and Remote Desktop. I uninstalled third-party anti-virus software applications and products like Webroot SecureAnywhere Internet Security Complete and restarted before installing Avast Antivirus Free. I deleted the AVAST folder in ProgramData and under each Windows account in AppData -> Local. I think I tried just about everything, but Avast Antivirus Free won't load any graphical user interface on my AVA Direct gaming desktop PC. I'm stuck.

What is causing this problem and how do I get you guys more information and how do I fix it so I can see the user interface and use this software application normally just like on my two gaming notebook PCs?

REDACTED

Re: Avast Antivirus Free: program does not show user interface
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2018, 07:21:39 PM »
I installed Avast Antivirus Free edition 18.6.2349 (64 bit). No matter what I try, the tray icon is unresponsive and the software application does not open the user interface on my AVA Direct. I already used the Kaspersky product remover and the Webroot product remover to remove both security products (Kaspersky Antivirus Free and Webroot SecureAnywhere Internet Security Complete) before I restarted each time and then reinstalled Avast Antivirus Free. It installs just fine, but it won't open on my AVA Direct gaming desktop PC. I'm at a loss here so I could use good and free support. Thanks.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: Avast Antivirus Free: program does not show user interface
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2018, 05:07:52 AM »
- Other security related software installed..?
- Which AV(s) did you use before Avast..?
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0