Author Topic: Possible hidden malware  (Read 1255 times)

REDACTED

Possible hidden malware
« on: September 12, 2018, 12:54:57 AM »
I have noticed something that has me concerned recently and given my positive experience with this forum I have decided to come here to make sure everything's fine! I have not gotten any true alarm bell that screams: "virus", but there is something unusual. I have recently restored my computer, installed drivers and everything and things was working fine.

It's been maybe just barely a week and I am noticing remarkable performance issues; the machine performing slower and alike in software and games and also internet. I am aware Internet might just be ISP's fault or general, but I do not seem to have those issues but rather they seem to be ping drops that are happening often in the day.

As much as there is not much to be suspicious of, I wonder if maybe some old files from before-restoration might be corrupted or maybe, it might be a Rainmeter addon which ESET NOD32 warned me of as a risk once and as much as I have uninstalled everything; it might still be somewhere.

I hope I am simply being paranoid, honestly. But yes, thank you in advance for your help.

Regards,
Nico.

Offline Sass Drake

• MyCity AMF R2
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
Re: Possible hidden malware
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2018, 12:04:47 AM »
I don't see malware in logs. You might want to clean dust from your notebook.

REDACTED

Re: Possible hidden malware
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2018, 04:56:00 PM »
So it might just be that? It's just that I noticed a performance issue in like, little time over a week that I was pretty sure I had gotten a malware or something like that! If no one else can find malware, I guess I may as well try cleaning then.