Author Topic: Cant uninstall Avast cleanup trial. Help please !  (Read 2251 times)

REDACTED

Cant uninstall Avast cleanup trial. Help please !
« on: September 14, 2018, 02:22:59 PM »
Hello.

I have tried for  long time to uninstall cleanup from my Mac. Which I installed the other day.
A try message came up. I have not payed anything.

But now I cant uninstall it !

There is no place where to find "uninstall".

And when trying to drag to the trash it is told " the program is open" and cant be moverd to trash...
Bit, its NOT open.

This is driving me mad. I just dont want the software on my mac. Very annoying ! And doesnt inspire me to bay anything for Avast.

Please help me to get rid of it from my mac.
Thanks.

Karin

Offline Stellarman

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
Re: Cant uninstall Avast cleanup trial. Help please !
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2018, 03:04:19 PM »
Hello.

I have tried for  long time to uninstall cleanup from my Mac. Which I installed the other day.
A try message came up. I have not payed anything.

But now I cant uninstall it !

There is no place where to find "uninstall".

And when trying to drag to the trash it is told " the program is open" and cant be moverd to trash...
Bit, its NOT open.

This is driving me mad. I just dont want the software on my mac. Very annoying ! And doesnt inspire me to bay anything for Avast.

Please help me to get rid of it from my mac.
Thanks.

Karin

Hi,

I am sorry but this forum is dedicated to Avast Cleanup for Windows but I already contacted our colleagues from Mac platform and they should reply to you.

Regards.

Offline lukas.hasik

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
  • Product manager of Avast Security for Windows
Re: Cant uninstall Avast cleanup trial. Help please !
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2018, 03:15:13 PM »
Dear Karin,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us! It looks like a bug. Would you mind to send us some additional data to analyze the issue?
1) screenshot of AvastCleanup menu - https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201361
2) app log - open Help > Send Feedback, please provide your email + some note that you are referring to this request, please

The Uninstall can be run from menu - see attached screenshot. Or you can manually start it from Terminal with command :
  • open /Applications/AvastCleanup.app/Contents/Uninstaller.app
Quality is also a feature.