Author Topic: why avast shows a different external ip, than the real external public ip during  (Read 1510 times)

Offline jraju

• Poster
Hi, while scanning and viewing details in wifi inspector or smart scan , my external ip is shown differently than the actual external ip allotted at that time. Some octets tally, but not all octets tally.
Will it not mean that avast is scanning some other pc?
Anybody checked this?
or the scan will take any ip in the pool?
I am not able to provide the ip details, as it is ISP's ?
Find it peculiar. I request the experts to try and test scan and then give solution to me

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Hi, I can't reproduce it here. Please post a screenshot and provide details.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline jraju

• Poster
Hi, Aysn, Thanks for your reply.
EVen here i could not reproduce the scene.
Proabably one of the widget in my pc, has not updated the external ip. I tried clicking then, but it did not change to the one avast has shown in wifi inspector.
No, Avast shows the correct external ip.
Thanks .
But a little doubt, it shows the place of the ip allotted and not the location, is it correct? The location some what differ ,I think that it is due to the  location of the Ip allotted to me on my log in.
Thanks asyn for immediate response.
When i tried the widget to update the external ip, it did not  and also the location was different
Now i Understand.
Thanks once again and sorry for misreporting an issue. ardent lover of avast

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
You're welcome.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0