Author Topic: Time and dates in mobile phone gallery got mixed up  (Read 2312 times)

Offline zenery72

Time and dates in mobile phone gallery got mixed up
« on: September 24, 2018, 02:45:58 AM »
Hello, dear customer service, im facing a problem here regarding all pictures and all screenshots all every items in my 'gallery' in Samsung Tab a7 ( 2016 model ) has been mixed up recently when i unmounted the 64GB of sd card few days ago. After i inserted back the sd card in my Tab a7, the date of every pictures taken n screenshot didnt 'tally' with it actuall time taken. For example, if the time at screen during screenshot is '19:36', '22 Sept 2018'  after you checking the details of the picture or screenshot, the details is shown '20:46' '23 Sept 2018' ( other time and date stated not the real time and date.) . I have installed paid version of  'Avast Mobile Security Pro 2018 - 'Apps lock & Antivirus'  in 9 Feb 2018. Since installed many months ago,  it didnt detect any threat or any unwanted 'virus'. Did you have any explanation  why this happened to me, ? . Thank you.

Offline Tereza V.

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
Re: Time and dates in mobile phone gallery got mixed up
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2018, 06:47:24 PM »
Hi, I am afraid this is not at all related to our anti-virus app.

In general - Gallery apps order pictures according to "Date created" information recorded in every picture's "Exif" (more on Exif to be found on https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exif).

Have you done anything with the pictures, that could change the date? (maybe edited them in some photo editor)

Offline zenery72

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2018, 04:07:28 PM »
No editing took place at that time, just unmounted sd card n insert again, and all pictures & screenshot time & date all not the same as time display on top of screen, if my screen during screenshot is 19:37 ( example) , the background detail will be 20:37, something like this. This is weird , never happened like this before. I didnt touch anything, no editing, it is in original form of 'pictures' ( camera folder) & 'screenshots'. All pictures & screenshot not in order, everything is mixed up & became 'mess' as time & date didnt match actuall original time & date....  . Hope someone here in this forum can explain actually what is going on, this matter has upset my effort to gain secure enviroment of pictures data in my gallery. Thousands pictures & screenshot effected badly by this kind of problems, i dont know how to overcome this matter, it ruined my day. Thank you.

Offline Tereza V.

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2018, 09:32:45 PM »
Hi again, an interesting problem, indeed. Have you tried to contact the gallery's developers, or your device manufacturer's Support? They might have a better idea of what's happened.

Offline zenery72

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2018, 12:34:04 PM »
I c, you meant software problems of the said tab A7 of mine, how is tht possible? Never encountered such problems in the past. Just one single activity of unmounted the sd memory card, all things gone wrong, Well when i inserted the sd card, it took times to appear in the gallery, like stuck in the process it going to display all the pictures n screenshots, so damn slow like something disturbed them from prompt display. Use to be slow in the process when displaying all the pictures n screenshots, but not tht slow, maybe internal space problems, i donno know really, have deleted unwanted apps n others unwanted data or files, still the same. Thanks for the idea, but if you have anything to add up to my mobile phone mess, please dont hesitate to drop by. Thank you for your time.