Author Topic: How to End Trial?  (Read 1939 times)

REDACTED

How to End Trial?
« on: September 29, 2018, 03:28:21 PM »
Hi,

I subscribed to the 60 days trial and now would like to cancel it? What should I do? Thanks

P.S. I already stopped the auto-renewal of my subscription, but cannot understand whether it was enough.

Offline Raeken

• Deutsch living in France
Re: How to End Trial?
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2018, 04:47:02 PM »
Contact support: https://support.avast.com/contact/
Response time - Between 5 to 7 business days.
Windows 11 Pro - Version 21H2 - 64 Bits | Avast SecureLine VPN - Standalone

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2018, 07:13:26 PM »
Hi,

I subscribed to the 60 days trial and now would like to cancel it? What should I do? Thanks

P.S. I already stopped the auto-renewal of my subscription, but cannot understand whether it was enough.

Why would you not let the Trial complete; or uninstall the Trial and install the product you want. ???

Offline chris..

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2018, 07:38:22 PM »
Hi,

Why would you not let the Trial complete; or uninstall the Trial and install the product you want. ???
Hi,
because all the people I know who waited until the end of the trial were automatically debited.
Afterwards, they come here to find out how to get a refund  :-\

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2018, 07:47:33 PM »
Hi,

Hi,
because all the people I know who waited until the end of the trial were automatically debited.
Afterwards, they come here to find out how to get a refund:-\

Well that's never been my experience. ???

I've Trialed every product that Avast has offered (over the years) and have immediately gone to the email "they always send" to the address typed in the order (being careful to not have typos) and entered the "order portal" with the 'order ID and Password'  provided in that email and immediately cancel the auto-renewal as per instructions also in the email.
Never been debited after following correct procedure!

Offline chris..

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2018, 09:49:01 PM »
On the French avast forum I am monitoring, none of the people who accepted a first trial received an e-mail.
For good reason, this trial is not an order until it expires and the automatic renewal does not start until after the first payment.

However, it may be different  in other countries.

Edit:of course as far i'am concerned (already a paying customer with account),if I want a trial for another avast product , I could ban it in my avast account.

Edit2:
Sorry, I didn't see that.  :-[
« Last Edit: September 29, 2018, 10:38:19 PM by chris.. »