Author Topic: How do i stop this annoying program  (Read 3681 times)

Offline Simon234

How do i stop this annoying program
« on: October 24, 2018, 11:18:47 AM »
I have avast premier. When i turn on the pc i get a warning of certain things are slowing down my pc. Clicking it asks me to purchase a licence or try a free trial.

There is no option to install or uninstall this component......I've never used it and i don't want to.

I have silent mode on

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: How do i stop this annoying program
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2018, 11:24:42 AM »
You can disable the ads in the paid versions: Avast GUI -> Settings -> Privacy
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2018, 07:04:40 PM »
Oh that's really helpful "You can use DISABLE ADDS in the PAID VERSION" $$$$ grab...  this is illegal holding ones computer hostage by force feeding them adds telling them to upgrade... 

I have a similar problem I have paid for one program Avast AntiVirus but tried Avast CleanUp Premium and now it keeps demanding that I pay for full version.. but I don't want it, yet it keeps popping up telling me to upgrade,,, If your program is so invasive and forcefully then nobody is going to want to be a part of it.. everybody is going to say screw it and delete the whole program? I just want it to stop the intrusive adds, I really don't care I'll uninstall the whole program I fucking hate spam!

So DEAR AVAST TEAM!!!
Please turn off this notification or I remove the whole program... and never ever use it again! and thereby tell everybody I know the same thing...  As well goes for AVG now that I know you own both!

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2018, 07:33:20 PM »
Have you actually uninstalled the Avast CleanUp Premium program (and reboot) ?

Also check the avast program as even in the free version there is a cleanup component, but that is extremely limited, it is more promotion than function to get users to try the cleanup premium product. 

If that is still there remove that program component. I don't have that and I have never installed even the free cleanup component.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security