Author Topic: how do i use avast antivirus to its maximum efficacy.  (Read 10504 times)

DrJeepney

Re:how do i use avast antivirus to its maximum efficacy.
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2004, 08:05:50 AM »
"go to my computer (your computer) and double click to bring out the address bar, click to the right of the "my computer" to highlight the address and type %temp%. "

i'm a little lost, can u rephrase that? is it the "My Computer"   i am having trouble finding the address bar.

DrJeepney

« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2004, 11:03:07 AM »
hey guys, thnx for your help.  it was a spyware afterall, although i cant validate it.

but i looked for spyware remover in google.com,and i found one, called BPS spyware remover, 5 day trial. so i installed that.  and played around with it until i finally got it right after i restarted my computer for a few times.

hopefully it fixed the problem instead of just putting a bandaid over it temporarily.

if i restart my comp again tomorrow and the problem goes back to the way it was or once my 5 day trial is over and it goes back to the way it was, i'll let you know.

i am so happy, at least now people wont think i am a pervert vising adult sites.

Ogw

« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2004, 08:02:34 PM »
is there a wizard for avast configuration?