Author Topic: AP constantly "starting up"  (Read 6408 times)

Offline sleepinglioness

AP constantly "starting up"
« on: October 05, 2018, 08:03:29 PM »
The last two days now, Avast Passwords has had a red error over the icon, and when clicked on it says that it's starting up, but it never leaves that phase. I've included a screencap.

REDACTED

Re: AP constantly "starting up"
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2018, 10:44:44 PM »
Avast starts out with a product, which is the fastest browser on the market, really first class, but they failed with all this password failures.  They tried to marry the browser with the AV and it just doesn't work. Really a turn off. 

Offline sleepinglioness

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2018, 02:21:52 PM »
Yeah, I found it and have been using it pretty problem-free until now, but I switched my mom over to it from LastPass and she's had nothing but problems with it. The only other Avast problem I ever have is when the main AV program stops responding and has to be relaunched, usually while I'm playing a video game.

Offline BWhit

• Avast team
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2018, 05:29:48 PM »
Hi sleepinglioness, I'm sorry the issues you're experiencing. Can I ask you to make sure that your AV is updated to the new version 18.7 released this week? There were updates made to the Passwords component. To check if you are updated, or to update, please open the AV application > click "Menu" in the top right corner > click "Settings" > click "Update" on the left hand side > check current version under the program heading. If you are on an older version, please click "Update" to the right hand side.

Offline Daniel Hustava

• Avast team
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2018, 07:16:36 PM »
In case it doesn't work after update (and restart). Please confirm that you have AvastUI.exe running via windows taskmanager. Also, does it start working when you remove the extension and reinstall it via avast passwords settings?

Dan

Offline sleepinglioness

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2018, 07:56:08 PM »
Ah, that did it, thank you! I'm so used to it automatically updating the virus definitions that I forget it needs manual software updates. The new UI for AP looks good, too.