Author Topic: Maintenance Scan Will Not Finish  (Read 21592 times)

REDACTED

Maintenance Scan Will Not Finish
« on: October 05, 2018, 09:45:08 PM »
All scans finish except "System Junk" which I left running in the latest case for 24 hours and it never finishes. 

img tag doesn't appear to work...    https://imgur.com/PY8NiBX

Any ideas?

Offline tbarrett5612

Re: Maintenance Scan Will Not Finish
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2018, 01:58:47 AM »
I've been having the same problem. The dashboard says I'm at 100% tune up; but the Free Up space / System Junk section has been stuck at 50% for about 7 hours now.

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2018, 03:50:19 AM »
Yeah the software is pretty much unusable at this point.  Fix problems is the only thing that completed.  Everything else is hung up.  If I can't scan within a reasonable amount of time then the software is no good to me and I'll be uninstalling it.

Offline Yohamnes

• Avast team
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2018, 10:08:38 AM »
We really sorry that you are experiencing this problems. In the last version our product is calling some Windows libraries to clean Update files. In some cases this could take until 10 minutes. In theory you could experiment the same behavior if you call directly the same Windows functionalities. If the delay is so long we could have also a problem on our side. To help us to identify why this is happening, you could provide the log files in "%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\AVAST Software\Tuneup\log"
Thanks very much

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2018, 09:17:11 PM »
For what it's worth, I installed the latest version from the pinned post and the problem went away.  But the program as originally downloaded after purchase would not work.

REDACTED

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2018, 11:57:55 PM »
I've also been having the same problem where my system junk completion percentage is always stuck at 78%.

Offline onefatbiker

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2018, 11:13:40 PM »
i have the same problem the maintenance scan stops at 87% and i cant do anything else

Offline Stellarman

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2018, 09:41:20 AM »
Hello,

we are really sorry that you have troubles with finishing the scan.

In order to be able to help you I would like to ask you to send the log files so we can investigate where the problem is.
You can simply send them by executing our log collector utility from this path C:\Program Files (x86)\AVAST Software\Avast Cleanup\tulogcollector.exe.
Just please add your email address there so we can join the logs with your report here on the forum.

Thank you.

REDACTED

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2018, 06:44:20 PM »
I have the same problem. Installed it yesterday and it has completely screwed up my PC. Scans keep running and I can't access anything. Absolute nightmare, I'm going to attempt to uninstall it.

REDACTED

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2018, 11:27:41 PM »
I am having the same issue as these users, I am even stuck at the exact same percentage as 'onefatbiker'. Is there any fix yet? Not helpful to have a program that gets locked up and can therefore not do it's job.

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2018, 12:54:09 AM »
I have the same problem. Installed it yesterday and it has completely screwed up my PC. Scans keep running and I can't access anything. Absolute nightmare, I'm going to attempt to uninstall it.

I am having the same issue as these users, I am even stuck at the exact same percentage as 'onefatbiker'. Is there any fix yet? Not helpful to have a program that gets locked up and can therefore not do it's job.

Guys it would be helpful if you also do as Stellarman (Avast Team) asked of onefatbiker.

<snip>
In order to be able to help you I would like to ask you to send the log files so we can investigate where the problem is.
You can simply send them by executing our log collector utility from this path C:\Program Files (x86)\AVAST Software\Avast Cleanup\tulogcollector.exe.
Just please add your email address there so we can join the logs with your report here on the forum.

Thank you.

Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Stellarman

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2018, 08:16:06 AM »
Hello everyone,

we've made a couple fixes in the latest version (18.2.5964) which should prevent this situation from happening.
Please wait until your product is updated to this version, try it again and let me know if you still experience this issue.

Thank you for your cooperation.

REDACTED

« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2018, 10:18:17 AM »
Hello everyone,

we've made a couple fixes in the latest version (18.2.5964) which should prevent this situation from happening.
Please wait until your product is updated to this version, try it again and let me know if you still experience this issue.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Hello,

Unfortunately even with the latest version the problem persists.

Scan for System Junk stucks at 50% and never finishes.

I am sorry, but I am a bit disappointed that with a 1 year paid subscription the product is not useable for 1.5 months now except for browser cleaning.

Can you give us any ETA when you actually fix the product please?

Thank you,

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2018, 10:34:40 AM »
Follow the instructions from Stellarman in Reply #7.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

REDACTED

« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2018, 01:14:21 AM »
Having the same problem as everyone else. All scans except "System Junk" work fine. But "System Junk" scans get hung up at exactly 50%. I've uninstalled and reinstalled. I'm using the most up-to-date version (18.2 5964). This has been happening for months, making the program worthless.

As requested by the moderator, logs have been sent using the tulogcollector.exe