Author Topic: Maintenance Scan Will Not Finish  (Read 21487 times)

Offline Stellarman

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
Re: Maintenance Scan Will Not Finish
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2018, 09:37:25 AM »
Hi,

we apologize for the ongoing problem with System Junk scan.

Thank you all for sharing the valuable log files, we will take a look at them and try to find the root cause of this issue.

I will keep you informed about the progress.

Best regards!

REDACTED

« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2018, 06:36:43 PM »
Is there a potential for a refund, then? Purchasing cleanup premium to help maintain my computer and then not being able to use the service I paid for... Not fun. This issue has been uniquely obnoxious. By the time anyone reads this, I will have sent logs via e-mail too. Is it possible for us to at least get an extension on our allotted time for cleanup premium post fix?

Thank you for your time

Offline Stellarman

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2018, 09:16:03 AM »
Is there a potential for a refund, then? Purchasing cleanup premium to help maintain my computer and then not being able to use the service I paid for... Not fun. This issue has been uniquely obnoxious. By the time anyone reads this, I will have sent logs via e-mail too. Is it possible for us to at least get an extension on our allotted time for cleanup premium post fix?

Thank you for your time

Hi,

I asked our customer support what are the options and you can either wait until we will fix the issue entirely and then ask the customer support for the retrospective extension of your existing license based on how long you waited for the fix or you can ask for refund right away and then you can purchase the product again once it will be fixed (if you will be still interested) and ask the customer support for a discount.

If you are interested in refund, please navigate here: https://support.avast.com/en-ww/contact/sales_refund?c=true
In other cases you could contact our customer support here: https://support.avast.com/en-ww/contact/sales?c=true

Best regards,
Avast Cleanup team.

REDACTED

« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2018, 10:22:54 AM »
After performing the first scan Cleanup has been useless since. Nothing works and, (like others) the system junk scan is stuck at 50%. The main scan is showing a number of problems but refuses to fix them. Have just read this forum and sent off the log as requested in previous replies so what now? Can someone tell me how long it takes to get a reply and/or a fix?

Thanks.

Offline tbarrett5612

« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2018, 01:28:24 AM »
Still getting stuck at 50%. Logs have been sent; I hope this gets resolved soon.

Offline Dawnthief

« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2018, 11:56:35 PM »
I am having the same issues as the others and I am really seeing nothing being done about it.

Some kind of timeline would be nice as to when this issue will be resolved.

Offline jmgallego

« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2018, 12:32:59 AM »
I am having the same issues as the others and I am really seeing nothing being done about it.

Some kind of timeline would be nice as to when this issue will be resolved.

Same here...

Offline ednuncor

« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2018, 11:02:29 PM »
Sending logs as well, same exact issue.

Offline mmcaly1

« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2019, 10:59:07 PM »
I am having this same issue.  I even uninstalled the previous windows 10 version (windows.old) and this problem persists.
This makes the software worthless.
I am wondering if you guys are doing anything as I see in the forum that you have not resolved this issue, at all, for months.

Offline Stellarman

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2019, 03:55:43 PM »
Hello everyone,

sorry for the long inactivity in this thread however I hope I have a good news for you.

This issue will be fixed in the upcoming version (18.3).

If you don't want to wait for its release (second half of January) then I would recommend you to download and install Beta version of 18.3 which will be later on automatically updated to the release version.
You can download it here:
Avast Cleanup Premium - http://tuneup.avast.tools.avcdn.net/tools/avast/betatuneup/avast_cleanup_setup.exe
AVG TuneUp - http://tuneup.avg.tools.avcdn.net/tools/avg/betatuneup/avg_tuneup_setup.exe.

If the problem still persists even after updating to the 18.3 version (either Beta or the release one), please write it down here into this thread and send us log files.

Thank you for you cooperation.

Offline dan317

« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2019, 11:03:48 PM »
My father has been having this issue on his computer since we installed it on his computer. I just updated avast today and still the problem persists even after rebooting and confirming it is up to date.

Offline chris1097

« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2020, 12:19:40 PM »
Try running CK disk and it should fix the problem.  Avast seems to hang up when there are disk errors. Use the disk scan feature first, then the problem should clear.  :)

Offline Brian639

« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2020, 01:57:17 AM »
So this is really annoying! HAs any solution been given for the system junk scan holdup. This prevents the maintenance scan from completing the repair I need to broken registry. Can you give us a temporary link for registry repair? Please.

Offline natlec

« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2020, 06:44:22 AM »
I notice this problem started in 2018 and there seems the problem has not been fixed. It is now March 2020 and I have been having this issue for the past several months and is becoming quite frustrating I have sent the logs 4 times over the past 2 months but still have the same problem> I have been a customer of Avast for many years and expect better service to this problem then what is happening   >:( >:(