Consumer Products > Avast Secure Browser for Windows

Avast Secure Browser would not uninstall and other problems

(1/3) > >>

loungehake:
The failure to uninstall capped significant problems posed by Avast Secure Browser. Bank mode was not automatic for the two web sites concerned. In fact, a lot of behaviours were inconsistent. Things would sometimes work and sometimes not. The actual browsing experience was OK but I decided I had to continue with Firefox/NoScript.

I would have persevered had it been possible to easily do a manual switch to Bank mode but the only visible means of switching, the credit card symbol on the toolbar, failed to function most of the time.

Then I discovered that the attempt to uninstall failed. I resorted to a System Restore and returned to Firefox/NoScript.

The verdict: deep disappointment.

mchain:
You could try this to clean your system of any remnants:  https://support.avast.com/en-us/article/Uninstall-Secure-Browser

BWhit:
I'm sorry to hear your experience with the SecureBrowser wasn't great. Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Could I ask you for some more specific details about the inconsistencies, and what things sometimes work and sometimes not? Could you also let me know which websites you were visiting where you didn't get the pop-up bar asking if you wanted to switch to Bank Mode? We would really appreciate the feedback.

FYI, you can right-click on any link (such as the link to a login page) and click "Open link in Bank Mode window" from the context menu to manually open a link in Bank Mode. Alternatively, you can open a new Bank Mode session by clicking the Avast logo to the right of the address bar to open the "Security and Privacy Center" and then click "Open" on the Bank Mode tile.

schmidthouse:
Quote from loungehake:
"I would have persevered had it been possible to easily do a manual switch to Bank mode but the only visible means of switching, the credit card symbol on the toolbar, failed to function most of the time".

What 'credit card symbol'?? ???
I've never seen any symbol, have always "right clicked" Avast icon

loungehake:
The credit card symbol is what I call a hidden toolbar app which appears to have the purpose of manually switching to 'bank' mode. It worked occasionally but usually failed with an error message.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version