Author Topic: Avast Passwords and Firefox - does not work.  (Read 11550 times)

REDACTED

Avast Passwords and Firefox - does not work.
« on: October 09, 2018, 07:11:13 PM »
Hi,
I installed Avast Free and logged in to my account. I installed the Avast Passwords add-on for Firefox, but I get an error that the program is not up-to-date.
I installed it from Avast Free Antivirus.
Why is this so?
Version 1.1.4067

Soon message: Make sure you have the latest version of Avast Passwords installed and try again.

Offline BWhit

• Avast team
Re: Avast Passwords and Firefox - does not work.
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2018, 10:13:15 AM »
Hi, I can confirm that version 1.1.4067 is the latest version of the Passwords add-on for Firefox. It sounds like the error could be referring to the Passwords program itself, and not the extension, but I'm afraid we weren't able to replicate it. Can you confirm where exactly you are getting the error? If possible, can you post a screenshot? If you're not sure how to take a screenshot, please take a look at this guide: https://support.avast.com/en-ww/article/Create-screenshot

To check which version of Avast you are running, please open the Avast AV application > click "Menu" in the top right corner > click "Settings" > click "Update" on the left > check current version under "Program" heading. The current version is 18.7; if you are on an older version, please click update to the right of "Program".

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2018, 04:31:47 PM »
Hi,

I have the latest version of Avast.
I enter Avast "Integration with the browser". I click on "Add extension" - Picture 1.

Picture 2 - An error appears.

I restored the system (windows 7) because after some update I did not want to log into the desktop and the extension does not work from that moment. Before the win7 system was restored - worked.

Sorry for my English.

Picture 1

Picture 2

Offline Daniel Hustava

• Avast team
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2018, 10:22:56 AM »
Hi Roll,

Try removing extension from Firefox and repeat the installation from Avast Passwords settings. Did it help?

Dan

Offline Daniel Hustava

• Avast team
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2018, 11:03:46 PM »
Found the issue that's causing this. We will be patching it via emergency update next week.

Dan

REDACTED

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2018, 05:37:09 PM »
I removed the extension and installed it again. I've reinstalled the entire Avast program as well as the entire Mozilla browser. Nothing has helped - all this time this error pops up.