Author Topic: Cannot sync devices  (Read 1823 times)

Offline grizzler

Cannot sync devices
« on: October 10, 2018, 04:14:10 PM »
Hello. I've used passwords on my pc for years and have tried to add it to my android phone but I can't sync anything. A verification code appears on the phone but on my main device in the "sync and back up" page it just states that it is on and gives me the option to turn it off. Yes I have logged in with the same credentials, but it still shows "no passwords yet" on my phone.

Offline peter936

Re: Cannot sync devices
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2018, 02:03:25 PM »
I have the same problem

Offline Daniel Hustava

• Avast team
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2018, 10:17:38 AM »
Hi @grizzler

Can you make me a screenshot of the "sync and backup" page on your PC?

The way this works is that when you add your android phone to sync, to start syncing, you need to confirm it first on some other device. In your case the PC. You should see the android device in a list on the "sync and backup" page and there should be a button to approve it. When you click it, you should start seeing your passwords on the android.

Dan

Offline Matthew173

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2018, 01:41:02 AM »
When I go into the app on my phone (android) I try to pair my devices. The app asks to scan a QR code which does not appear on the computer program to scan. When I use the computer program it asks me to approve from another sync'ed device (my phone) under my email and approve a sync request from the app which it never gives a window to put in the verification code (6 digit).

Offline Michel349

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2018, 10:59:14 AM »
Same problem ! I don't understand