Consumer Products > Avast Mac Security

What does this mean?

(1/1)

REDACTED:
I have been having problems for days with my Mac dropping I'net connection after about a minute or so - if I wait, it eventually comes back but again only for a minute.

I ran a virus scan & it showed nothnig.

Then I ran the Avast scan and it came up with over 500 items. I moved them to the vault, and then the computer started working right again! Hooray!
But nit sure what to do with them, and how to keep it from happeneing again - where it came from.
Every file had essentially the same path with only a slightly different number at the end. The path is:

/.MobileBackups/Computer/2018-10-10-000752/Volume/Users/GPW/Library/Mail/V4/05571D30-2F16-40A5-AAB5-3207C055016D/[Gmail].mbox/Spam.mbox/B6A254ED-3250-4BE4-A5A5-B056A7A1132A/Data/0/1/7/1/Messages/1710825.emlx

What does that signify?  Do I delete them all?

How do I avoid them coming back - is this connected to my backup drive in some way?

THANK YOU.

.: Mac :.:
These are emails in a spam mail box, likely a gmail account but it is in a snapshot (first part is .mobilebackups).

This occurs when using time machine but the target disk is not attached/reachable - this folder conatins a few local snapshots. This is why it comes back, its detected as soon as the next snapshot is taken.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version