Consumer Products > Avast Mac Security

MacOS:Bundlore-BG [Adw]

(1/2) > >>

REDACTED:
Popup alerted that Filesystem Shield blocked

Infection: MacOS:Bundlore-BG [Adw]
Process: /Applications/Safari.app/Contents/MacOS/Safari
File: /Users/ME/Library/Safari/Extensions/.dat.nosync018b.ot4Rpk

I searched the forums for Bundlore-BG and had no hits, and only four for Bundlore (from 2012-2015).
Is there any way of knowing what website was responsible? I had opened a new window and opened a set of saved tabs that I look at regularly. Repeated this later and had no Avast alerts.

Using: Avast 13.11, Virus Definitions 18101000; MacOS 10.13.6, Safari 12.0
Extensions installed: Blur (Abine), Adblock Plus

P.S. It might be convenient to put the version of Avast and the Virus Definitions on the pop-up window.

.: Mac :.:
It looks to possibly be a safari extension based on the file path reported. Can you check that there are no installed extensions that you did not install yourself? Check the extensions tab in the Safari preferences.

REDACTED:
I also got the same alert 4 days ago.  I've gone to some trouble to figure out what happened since I did not actually install anything that day. I haven't had much luck finding anything helpful.

.: Mac :.:
Hi MisterX,

Yes shopping/coupon extensions and add-ons are often associated with Adware like Bundlore, and many themselves could be called adware in the purest sense. I suspect its a similar scenario for Stubb

Cheers,
Mac

REDACTED:
I thought that it might have been installed by a Safari extension update. But after checking the dates of recent updates, nothing matches when Avast found Bundlore-BG.  I've edited my previous post.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version