Author Topic: Avast for business ending 15.10.2018 - trying to get info from support  (Read 3224 times)

Offline Sharon47

Hi
My company currently run the above and we have only just been notified that it ends on 15.10.2018. I have tried emailing, phoning but to no avail. Are the only options available to us those that are shown in the update Antivirus - 20,15 € per device per year and can't we pay monthly anymore ?
I am getting nowhere fast
Sorry if this is in the wrong place. I need to sort this out quickly and Avast are being next to useless.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Zeniit

• Beta Tester
Re: Avast for business ending 15.10.2018 - trying to get info from support
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2018, 02:57:04 PM »
We have not yet received any emails, what does it contain?
Windows 7 Pro 64bit -  Avast IS BETA channel - Firefox 47.0.1 x64 - Thunderbird 45.2 - avast! mobile security

Offline .: Mac :.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2018, 11:50:54 PM »
Basically this is a decision on not maintaining the free "Basic" tier.

New version of console is based on the new on-premise console and shares same agent, which is much improved and offers things like having the ability to designate a agent as a master that other clients can update from (like a mirror).

During this transition, they are stopping the free offering. If you have an existing install, it would assumedly still get updates to the databases but I would not expect any further console access after the transition date.
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2018, 10:09:48 AM »
There does seem a lack of information about this change, which is quite bad.  I run two networks, the smaller network has moved over to a rival for a considerable cost saving, as a charity,  and the other network is running Avast Business Security, which still seems to be updating the avast signatures.
So is Avast Business Security going to keep working?  what will be updated?  or is it being abandoned?  Considering this is a security matter, its quite important, so Avast should at least be responding to any queries.
We are looking at possibly moving the main network over to a rival, simply because we dont know what the situation is!

Offline Infratech Solutions

• Avast Reseller
  • Super Poster
  • Mayorista e integrador de Avast en España
    • Ciberseguridad Avast para empresas y MSPs en España.
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2018, 10:56:59 AM »
Products will be ceased on the 31st October 2018.

Customers that have not upgraded to Avast Business will be automatically placed into trial status for 30 days before they are shut down.

AVAST Software has a discount program for current users of Avast for Business Basic (free) to migrate to any Avast Business solution.

REDACTED

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2018, 11:02:47 AM »
so basically,  after 31st October,  then add 30 days, then the product will stop working?

Offline Infratech Solutions

• Avast Reseller
  • Super Poster
  • Mayorista e integrador de Avast en España
    • Ciberseguridad Avast para empresas y MSPs en España.
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2018, 11:07:10 AM »
Yes, after 31st Octuber the console will be migrated to Avast Business with a demo licenses of 30 days.