Author Topic: Updating from Premier > can not open Passwords  (Read 3296 times)

Offline beaucap

Updating from Premier > can not open Passwords
« on: October 10, 2018, 06:18:07 PM »
I downloaded the new anti antivirus update. It went through it's updating and i rebooted it. My computer went back to login page. i logged in and when i tried to open my password the statement stated that since i changed my password from avast ( which i did) i needed to confirm the password. I did that and it won,t let me into my passwords. I contacted tech support and they told me that they can fix it for a charge $$. i told them why should i pay for something that wasn't my fault. i told them everything was working fine until i updated their main program. They refused to help unless i paid them.  >:( Very bad customer service. Does anyone have any idea what i can do to get my passwords?
          Thanks Bo

Offline Daniel Hustava

• Avast team
Re: Updating from Premier > can not open Passwords
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2018, 07:11:08 PM »
Hi beaucap,

So basically, you
- updated and restarted Avast
- unlocked Passwords with your master password
- screen prompting you to enter your new id.avast.com credentials was shown, so you entered the new password

What happened then? What do you mean by "it won't let me into my passwords"? Can you make me a screenshot?

Dan

Offline beaucap

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2018, 10:34:50 PM »
Hi Dan
What happened was i updated the avast security. Then it went through updating. It asked me to reboot so i did. When i returned to my home screen i opened avast. I then opened password. i put my password in and a screen came up stating that since i made a new password ( which i did ) i had to put the new password in which i did. When i pressed Log In nothing happened except a small circle came up with a backslash in side the circle. Meaning not authorized. i contacted tech support and they wanted $$ 119.00. i told them it's not my fault your upgrade caused the problem. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Dan for replying

Bo

Offline Daniel Hustava

• Avast team
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2018, 10:37:02 AM »
Bo, can you please send AvastUI.log file from c:\ProgramData\AVAST Software\Avast\log\ to daniel.hustava@avast.com? If you entered correct password, that screen should go away. I'll know more from the logfile.

Dan

Offline Daniel Hustava

• Avast team
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2018, 11:23:39 AM »
FYI, this issue was hotfixed and should not occur anymore. If you keep having this problem, please do a computer restart.

Dan