Author Topic: Just some feedback since there's no other way to do it  (Read 2930 times)

Offline carnut84gti

Just some feedback since there's no other way to do it
« on: October 13, 2018, 01:35:34 AM »
I have Avast Secure Browser on my computer, along with several other browsers. i don't use it, but plan to try it out at some point.

The problem is, on a semi-regular basis, I start my computer, and boom, the Avast browser opens on it's own.  And wouldn't you know it, the "Launch Avast Secure Browser automatically when your computer starts" is once again turned on.  I turn it off, close the browser, and all is fine until the next time it decides to automatically turn back on and startup with my computer.  At this point, I'm thinking i'll just uninstall it as I find it hugely disappointing that a program made by avast would force-start itself without permission, and it damages my trust in the product's performance in other areas. Makes me feel more like it's malware and less like it's a secure browser.

Another annoying note, when I came across this issue, I figured I'd report it. So i go into the menu drop down --> Help and About --> Report an issue.  And... you can't report an issue. It basically takes you into a support page that has no way to report anything unless I want to pay for tech support.  Why would I want to do that when I'm trying to notify you of a problem with your product? I don't need help, I"m taking my time to try and give feedback to a company I've recommended for years. I literally got stuck in help loops where I would click on one help menu option while I'm trying to find a way to report a problem, and it'd end up looping me back to the beginning.  So I gave up on reporting, came to the forums, and am posting here about this as it appears the only place to give feedback.  What a way to further aggravate a nuisance. 

Ok, last bit, the images you're using for verification that are required to post are extraordinarily hard to read, at least the ones it's giving me, wasting more of my time when I'm just trying to report a simple issue.  On 4th try now, this one is actually readable, so it should go through.

REDACTED

Re: Just some feedback since there's no other way to do it
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2018, 06:56:27 AM »
The verification images are absolutely ridiculous. I had to use the damn text to audio feature. And this is coming from someone who has perfect 20/20 vision

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2018, 06:59:33 AM »
The verification images are absolutely ridiculous. I had to use the damn text to audio feature. And this is coming from someone who has perfect 20/20 vision
Captcha is only needed for your first 3 posts. (Spam protection)
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline carnut84gti

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2018, 08:15:47 AM »
Captcha is only needed for your first 3 posts. (Spam protection)

Great response "yes it's garbage, but you only have to deal with the garbage for a few times, so why would we make it better?"

Offline carnut84gti

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2018, 08:22:53 AM »
Well.. this is sad to say after years and years of running Avast virus protection, but it's clear they simply do not care about their users.  A month and a half later, another update, and boom, avast browser automatically opens when I start the computer.

Makes me question using any Avast product.  Seriously considering uninstalling it all.  The response I've gotten on here only re-enforces that feeling.