Author Topic: Auto-Renewal question  (Read 1336 times)

Offline Gopher John

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
Auto-Renewal question
« on: October 13, 2018, 05:50:45 PM »
Yesterday, I renewed my subscription for 3 pcs/3yrs to Avast Internet Security. During the renewal process through the Avast interface, I saw nothing about autorenewal settings. However, I received a confirmation email from Digital River which indicated that auto renewal was enabled.
Auto-Renewal Plan Terms

By completing your purchase, you have authorized Digital River to automatically renew your purchased license for successive renewal terms equal in length to your initial license term, at the then-current renewal license price (plus applicable taxes) using your payment information provided for your initial purchase, until you cancel.

At least one email will be sent to you to remind you of each upcoming renewal. The Digital River Terms of Sale and Privacy Policy will apply to each renewal transaction. You also agree that Digital River may, upon notice to you, transfer your responsibility for the processing of renewals of your purchased license under the Auto-Renewal Plan to Avast Software s.r.o. ("Avast"), in which case Digital River will transfer your billing information to Avast or their payment processor, and Avast's terms of sale and privacy policy provided to you in Avast's reminder email will apply to each renewal transaction.

You may cancel your auto-renewal plan at any time by logging into My Subscriptions portal .

On logging into MyAvast account, it showed that auto renewal was active. I disabled it and then received the email below which stated that auto renewal was already disabled.
Hello,

Thank you for contacting AVAST Software.

We've checked your email address and found that the auto-renewal feature for your subscription was already canceled.

Your order will expire at the end of its validation period.

If you would like to renew your subscription in the future, you can purchase a new one at https://www.avast.com .

Kind regards,

The Avast Support Team

At least, auto renewal is now disabled.

Using the Avast interface to renew my license was a breeze. The machine I used for that had it's license immediately updated, and when I started the other 2 machines they also updated their license subscriptions without any effort on my part.  Nice setup, Avast Team
AMD A6-5350M APU with Radeon HD Graphics, 8.0GB RAM, Win7 Pro SP1 64bit, IE11
i7-3610QM 2.3GHZ, 8.0GB Ram,  Nvidia GeForce GT 630M 2GB, Win7 Pro SP1 64bit, IE 11
Common to both: Avast Premium Security 19.7.2388, WinPatrol Plus, SpywareBlaster 5.5, Opera 12.18, Firefox 68.0.2, MBam Free, CCleaner

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
Re: Auto-Renewal question
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2018, 12:21:17 AM »
Yeh possibly a holdover from your previous subscription process that you would have to have disabled 'auto renew' at that time and still shows disabled. Hard to say.
I will also add, my experiences with their email confirmation and info on how to disable auto-renew has been easy and streamlined. :)
« Last Edit: October 14, 2018, 12:26:45 AM by schmidthouse »