Author Topic: Accessing Master Agent  (Read 5366 times)

Offline Thorne

Accessing Master Agent
« on: October 19, 2018, 04:57:24 PM »
I have added a Master Agent, and the console shows it as active, but I don't see any way of accessing it.  From what I have gathered I should be able to deploy from it, but I can't find any documentation on how.  I logged onto the server that I made a master agent and see no new programs or changes in the Avast.  I also don't see any way of accessing through the console.

Can someone please let give me some direction on this.  The Avast instructions (or lack there of) that I have don't specify on how to use the master agent or than tell you what it is supposed to let you do.

Offline Artūrs

Re: Accessing Master Agent
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2018, 09:18:52 AM »
Hello, I have same problem. I sated server as Master Agent, but there is no sign that it update virus definitions on clients...

Offline tomsc

• Avast team
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2018, 01:40:26 PM »
You can access Remote Deployment via Dashboard -> Download antivirus -> Deploy installers remotely

You can enable local update mirror for all devices via General settings -> Master Agents -> Switch Local Update Server to ON

You can specify a single device or a device group to update directly from Avast servers. Just go to device detail or Edit group in a group menu and select the checkbox to update directly via Avast Servers.

Offline Thorne

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2018, 04:24:45 PM »
Thanks for the info.  I was able to find the remote install just as you specified.

Offline turitopa

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2019, 04:43:54 AM »
Sorry to come back to an old thread.

I have used the local installer which I downloaded thru the cloud console. am using  Version 7.3.140

I have Cloud Care setup, and also setup a local Master agent. 

When I run a manual update on another Client PC.  and i watch my Gateway Proxy logs, I can see the said Client is going out over the internet instead of seeking the updates from my master agent.
I assumed the client will use the local Master agent only to grab latest updates?
I checked my gateway Proxy logs and all my clients are ignoring my local master agent and are going out direct to the internet.

how can i fix this?
« Last Edit: April 24, 2019, 04:45:41 AM by turitopa »