Author Topic: Software Updater icon missing from Protection window  (Read 2010 times)

Offline Kick

Software Updater icon missing from Protection window
« on: October 20, 2018, 10:28:21 AM »
I'm running Avast Free Anti-Virus on a Windows 7 SP1 64bit desktop PC (latest version).

Since the last program update earlier this month (October 2018), when I open the 'Protection' window, the 'Software Update' icon has been missing.  Has Avast decided to leave it out, is there a bug in the last program update or is this the result of a problem within my system?  I have run a repair installation of Avast but the issue remains.

Any information and advice would be gratefully received, thanks.

Offline TheSharku

Re: Software Updater icon missing from Protection window
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2018, 10:58:08 AM »
Check the performance menu

Offline Kick

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2018, 11:34:56 AM »
Hi Sharku,

Thanks for your quick response.  I missed any notification of that change but yes, the icon is in the window of the 'Performance' menu.  I'd just got into the habit of running a system scan every weekend but checking the 'Wi-Fi Inspector' and the 'Software Updater' prior to the scan - previously all three items appeared in the 'Protection' window so I'll have to adjust my routine.

Thank you for alerting me to the change - cheers.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2018, 01:46:53 PM »
Avast have been flip flopping about certain modules as to where they fit in the UI.

Some would say the 'Software Updater' isn't a good fit for either Performance or Protection sections hence it's move back and forth between the two.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security