Author Topic: How to stop the phone screaming out "this phone has been lost or stolen!"?  (Read 5423 times)

REDACTED

This App is making my life a living hell.

At random occasions my phone blares out repeatedly and endlessly loudly "this phone has been lost or stolen!"

No matter what I do (frantically trying to enter the PIN number repeatedly to disable the warning), it blares this out for half an hour!

It's extremely embarrassing if I'm with other people. Imagine what it would be like if you were in a meeting or cafeteria or public transport and your phone starts screaming out "this phone has been lost or stolen!" repeatedly and won't stop!

I am a highly experienced IT operator of over 40 years, but I can find no way to stop this. I've spent hours and hours trying different techniques.

For example, I can't uninstall the app as it's nowhere in my list of apps and also there is no apparent file for it anywhere in my phone directory.

I have got a Samsung Galaxy S6+.

How can I stop this please?

Thank you.

REDACTED

At random occasions my phone blares out repeatedly and endlessly loudly "this phone has been lost or stolen!"

No matter what I do (frantically trying to enter the PIN number repeatedly to disable the warning), it blares this out for half an hour!

It's extremely embarrassing if I'm with other people. Imagine what it would be like if you were in a meeting or cafeteria or public transport and your phone starts screaming out "this phone has been lost or stolen!" repeatedly and won't stop!

I am a highly experienced IT operator of over 40 years, but I can find no way to stop this. I've spent hours and hours trying different techniques.

For example, I can't uninstall the app as it's nowhere in my list of apps and also there is no apparent file for it anywhere in my phone directory.

Thank you.

And here we go as well....

Avast you are truly useles...

REDACTED

well my phone locked up because of this app i call them and there useless they try to tell me thats this app is not for phones like for real  so why ya sale it now my phone wont even charge nothing its dead i wont sub no more this people are just for the cash .

REDACTED

Thank you.

What I'd suggest is, I'm assuming you've linked your avast account with Google or Facebook or something. If you've linked with Google ie Gmail then log onto my.avast.com go the options menu and select devices it should say somewhere manage devices. Then remove device.

REDACTED

Greetings,

If you open the Avast Mobile Security app on your phone, click on the three horizontal bars at the top-left of the screen, you should then see the list of apps within the suite, including the Anti-Theft one (third from top on my phone).

Click on the Anti-Theft option - it may then ask for the four-digit PIN - then deactivate the "Sound siren" option.

This should allow you to keep the security benefits without the embarrassing false alarms.

Kindest regards,

James