Author Topic: I'm sure this has been discussed beyond numerous times and at length...So....  (Read 1523 times)

Offline Sorzy

I'm sure this has been discussed beyond numerous times and at length...So....One more time won't hurt.

What? Auto-renewal being automatic when you purchase new license/s.

Why can't they make it so you check a box if you want auto-renewal when you go through the purchasing process? Why must they try and be sneaky, it is in a way, about it?

I mean sure, it's easy enough, for those of us who don't want it, who have had to go through the process of stopping/cancelling auto renewal before, to cancel it. And granted, if you know where to look it's relatively easy to find.  But you shouldn't have to cancel it because it shouldn't be automatic to begin with!

I mean, what if a person dies? What if something serious happens and you don't use your computer much if at all anymore and it's one of the many things that are now, the least of your worries?

So Avast, PLEASE, make it so if you want auto-renewal when you purchase a license, or licenses, that you have to check a box if you want auto-renewal.

That is all! No replies necessary. I just needed to express my aggravation of having to go through something that I didn't want in the first place, and never have and never will, that was set without my choosing it or having a way to change in the purchase process and having to make sure it's been changed. And hey, if anything, changing it to the person wanting it having to check a box, and making it all nice and clear, had it been done that way all along, would have prevented how many lengthy posts about it? As doing so will likely prevent from being done in the future. So, yea, that!