Author Topic: Deleted duplicates  (Read 2522 times)

REDACTED

Deleted duplicates
« on: October 25, 2018, 02:39:04 PM »
I've just installed and did a scan for duplicates, it gave me a massive list and I stupidly agreed to remove the duplicates as it said it would delete same file names pictures etc, I've now found it did do this and has deleted years of files folders and pictures.
Does anyone know if you can undo this?

Offline jozef.gencur

• Avast team
Re: Deleted duplicates
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2018, 05:06:34 PM »
Hello,

unless you checked "Move duplicates to Trash" in Preferences, there is no way to recover deleted files.

However your files are still on your computer, but on locations that you are not used to look for them. If duplicate finder finds a two pictures that are exactly the same, it will remove only one of them. Second is still at it's original location.
So if you remember names of photos/documents that you are missing, you can try to find them via Finder's search bar.

Kind regards,
Jozef Gencur

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2018, 05:49:39 PM »
 i don't seem to be able to access anything other than the screenshot picture, I have the icons the top bar and the only options available when I right click are scan for clutter and open Avast Cleanup Pro.

also does anyone know if Avast has a customer support portal as I can't find one except for this forum?

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2018, 07:56:32 AM »
also does anyone know if Avast has a customer support portal as I can't find one except for this forum?
Support: https://support.avast.com/contact
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0