Author Topic: Can't restore passwords using "Your backup identity"  (Read 6897 times)

Offline Thony_95

Can't restore passwords using "Your backup identity"
« on: October 26, 2018, 09:13:13 PM »
Dear Avast Team.
I had a problem with my windows and i had to reinstall it. So i lost all programs including Avast Antivirus. I had a lot of precious passwords i need to restore.

I try to restore backup using "Your backup identity" email But restore button isn't working. I have an error "This link has expired. Please contact the sender of the email for more information."

Sorry for my bad english.

Offline Rohan Garg

Re: Can't restore passwords using "Your backup identity"
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2019, 09:02:18 AM »
I am facing the same problem. Avast seems to be quite unreliable in their support for free products.

Offline BWhit

• Avast team
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2019, 03:29:22 PM »
Hi Rohan Garg,

I've sent you a replacement link for the expired restore button via PM now.

Offline Cwellan

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2019, 09:41:48 PM »
Hey there,
I am actually facing the same issue. Is there a way to restore my account although the link has expired ?
Thanks

Offline shibin raj

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2019, 08:55:38 PM »
I am also facing the same problem. Trying to restore my saved data in Avast password. It says "You must first authorize access to your account from a device that's already active".  2nd is self authorize using "Your backup identity" email But clicking that restore button result in error  "This link has expired. Please contact the sender of the email for more information." Please help me to restore my data