Author Topic: Avast Cleanup Premium  (Read 3878 times)

REDACTED

Avast Cleanup Premium
« on: October 30, 2018, 08:43:50 PM »
I signed up for this today on a 28 trial basically because my laptop has been getting slower and I wanted to see if it’s claims were justified. I installed and ran it, several issues were identified and fixed. Unfortunately when I rebooted, the laptop has ceased to function. No internet access, no email, I cannot even shut it down without using the power button. Before this installation today everything was fine (slow but fine), I could for example stream music, films and sport. I called their technical help and had a 78 minute call with one of their guys who to be fair was great but in the end he advised me to take it to my ‘local repair shop’. I have an incident reference but don’t know what to do now - I use it for work and whilst almost everything is backed up, I can’t even access that and tomorrow I need to send out my paltry invoices. Any advice would be really welcome. Thanks, John

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: Avast Cleanup Premium
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2018, 04:50:43 AM »
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2018, 12:23:50 PM »
Sorry but that doesn’t help me in the slightest. My laptop is broken - it worked yesterday until I installed and ran your programme. Now it doesn’t- I have been told by your (very helpful) tech advisor to take it to a repair shop - that is unacceptable.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2018, 12:29:32 PM »
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2018, 02:11:50 PM »
Done it - also spoken with Eduardo (last night) and Darlon  (this morning). Both very helpful and patient but basically my laptop is no longer working after installing and running this programme. This leaves me in a horrendous situation for my business as it is end of month. I frankly find it unbelievable and totally unacceptable. I was told by Darlon that he would call me back 11.30 am today - still waiting. I suspect Imwill be abandoned. I can literally do nothing with my machine and thing this is completely unacceptable. Can anyone please advise my how to file a formal complaint to Avast about this? Thank you.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2018, 02:15:00 PM »
Can anyone please advise my how to file a formal complaint to Avast about this? Thank you.
See Reply #3.

REDACTED

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2018, 02:35:00 PM »
Sorry that doesn’t help. I am now talking with a third technician who isn’t making any progress. This is a nightmare.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2018, 02:38:22 PM »
Sorry that doesn’t help. I am now talking with a third technician who isn’t making any progress. This is a nightmare.
Phone support is outsourced, best you stick with mail support.

REDACTED

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2018, 02:54:03 PM »
Thank you at least for your reply. Meanwhile I have a broken laptop, it is the end of the month and I need to send business related documents including customer invoices and I can do nothing (apart from oddly enough being able to access Excel and Word). This is really a shambles and I am not going to lie down or let it go away.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2018, 03:04:52 PM »
Thank you at least for your reply.
You're welcome.

Offline Stellarman

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2018, 09:19:33 AM »
I signed up for this today on a 28 trial basically because my laptop has been getting slower and I wanted to see if it’s claims were justified. I installed and ran it, several issues were identified and fixed. Unfortunately when I rebooted, the laptop has ceased to function. No internet access, no email, I cannot even shut it down without using the power button. Before this installation today everything was fine (slow but fine), I could for example stream music, films and sport. I called their technical help and had a 78 minute call with one of their guys who to be fair was great but in the end he advised me to take it to my ‘local repair shop’. I have an incident reference but don’t know what to do now - I use it for work and whilst almost everything is backed up, I can’t even access that and tomorrow I need to send out my paltry invoices. Any advice would be really welcome. Thanks, John

Hi,

we really apologize for your troubles.

I am not sure what you have tried so far with the phone support guys but if you are able to boot into the Windows Safe Mode then you could try to recover your computer from the last System Restore Point.

Do you please remember what actions did you performed in our product before your computer got broken?

Best regards.

REDACTED

« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2018, 12:59:48 PM »
Hi thank you for your helpful response. I ordered this product on a free 30 day trial, my laptop was operating normall but I had noticed in was getting slower to start up hence why I decided to try your product (I have avast antivirus). My laptop is an Acer aspire E 13, windows 8.1 and I use it mostly for work using Microsoft Office and Mozilla for browsing and emails.

I ordered your product on Tue 30 Oct (order #26204596208), received activation code just after noon same day and shortly after I installed the software and ran a scan. Immediately prior to this I had normal internet and email function and all other programs I was using were also fine. The scan identified some issues but the main thing I noticed was that it cleaned a large amount of junk files - 12Gb.  Once the scan was done I rebooted the laptop hoping to see a slightly faster start up. Instead it was slow to start up and I found immediately that I had no internet access despite full WiFi signal showing on the laptop. Other programs were also not functioning and I could not reopen Avast Cleanup Premier either. The only programs that were functioning normally were Word and Excel. In addition I could not shut the laptop down on screen - I had to use the power switch to turn it off,!

There was a number on the email confirmation I received so that evening I called, chose option 3 (technical support) and got through to Eduardo. He was really helpful and eventually got the laptop into safe mode and he got access to my laptop. He then got me to restart it but could not get remote access at a second attempt. He finished the call (75 minutes) by telling me I needed to take my laptop to a repair shop.

Next morning 31 Oct I called again and spoke to another friendly guy called Darlon. He had all the details of my previous call and he tried various things with no success. I had to end this call as I had a work meeting to attend but we agreed he would call me back at 11.30 am. He didn’t do this. I waited until around 2pm before calling back and I spoke with a lady called Garri. She again tried to get into safe mode but with no success. She tried some other things before telling me that I needed to take my laptop to a repair shop. I said I was very unhappy about the situation and that in my view the installation of this software has caused a corruption of my system. She said there was no supervisor available but after putting me on hold she came back and said a supervisor would call me in 30 minutes - I waited the rest of the day but no call was received.

As it  is my laptop  can only run office - no internet, emails, or entry into any system utilities such as uninstall programmes. It is essentially useless and it looks like I will have to buy a new one (if it wasn’t for my ipad I wouldn’t even be able to send this).

I don’t want to get all abusive but as I see it it is quite clear to me that the installation of this software has damaged my machine and caused me considerable inconvenience - it happened at the end of the month when I had invoices to send. With regard to you telephone operators they were courteous and did there best but failure to return calls when they promise to do so is disappointing. I plan to take my complaint further with Avast.