Author Topic: What to do after Boot-Time Scan  (Read 3947 times)

REDACTED

What to do after Boot-Time Scan
« on: November 01, 2018, 03:47:24 PM »
Hello,

I ran a Boot-Time scan today and I could see that it was finding some issues. As it was taking a very long time, I went to do other things while it was scanning.

When I came back, the computer had restarted, but I did not see any further information about the scan. After opening the Premier dashboard, I still didn't see anything.

Is there anything I am supposed to be doing now that a Boot-Time scan has been run? Or does it do everything that is supposed to happen automatically and just leaves a log somewhere for me to find out afterward?

Thank you very much for your help

Jason

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: What to do after Boot-Time Scan
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2018, 04:05:16 PM »
It may just have been slow rather than detecting anything, previously the boot-time scan was interactive it would notify you of any detections and seek an action (based on your settings).

Was there a particular reason you ran a boot time scan ?

Did you change any of the boot-time scan settings ?

From memory there should be a report file created for the boot-time scan, I think it is called aswboot.log or aswboot.txt in the C:\ProgramData\AVAST Software\Avast\log or C:\ProgramData\AVAST Software\Avast\report folder.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2018, 04:09:59 PM »
Hi DavidR,

Thank you very much for your response.

There was no particular reason that I ran it, other than I saw that scan and thought, "I don't know that I have ever run one of these - maybe that is a good idea to make sure everything continues to run well."

I haven't changed any boot-time scan settings.

I will take a look for those reports to see if there is anything that should come up.

It could have also been interactive, but it was taking a while. When I have a bit more time I will run it again and see if there is anything interactive that shows up.

Offline MartinZ

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2018, 06:36:37 PM »
There is a bug and the boot time scan results aren't visible in scan history. It will be fixed in the upcoming versions.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2018, 06:40:20 PM »
There is a bug and the boot time scan results aren't visible in scan history. It will be fixed in the upcoming versions.

Presumably the log/txt files are still created or is this also impacted by the bug ?
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2018, 06:48:06 PM »
Hi DavidR,

Thank you very much for your response.

There was no particular reason that I ran it, other than I saw that scan and thought, "I don't know that I have ever run one of these - maybe that is a good idea to make sure everything continues to run well."

I haven't changed any boot-time scan settings.

I will take a look for those reports to see if there is anything that should come up.

It could have also been interactive, but it was taking a while. When I have a bit more time I will run it again and see if there is anything interactive that shows up.

You're welcome.

I have in the past run the boot time scan when testing and had a couple of test locations with the eicar test files and if I was away when running it, it would waiting for my response.