Author Topic: Auto scan removable media?  (Read 6388 times)

loonsave

Auto scan removable media?
« on: September 26, 2006, 01:27:54 PM »
Does Avast 4.7 has features auto scan pendrive once i plugged my pendrive to my computer?

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Auto scan removable media?
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2006, 01:55:59 PM »
When you access (not just plug) avast will scan the boot sector and, depending on your scanner sensibility, the files and folders when you access them (read).
If you want a particular scan, you'll have to edit the autoexec.ini file in the pendrive, for instance, using: http://www.net-burner.com/WhatIs/Index.cfm
and then using ashQuick.exe of avast folder.

The avast quick scanner (ashquick.exe) could be used in a link of your desktop to scan the pendrive.

But, as you've asked directly, there isn't an automated scan when you plug a pendrive...
The best things in life are free.

loonsave

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2006, 02:13:58 PM »
once i plugged my pendrive to my friend's pc with karpersky installed,it immediately detected an virus,but avast does not.

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2006, 01:40:20 PM »
avast! indeed does not have a feature to autoscan the whole drive when it's mounted. However, I think the current resident shield provides enough protection - the malware would be detected and stopped once you tried to activate it. (Depending on the sensitivity of your Standard Shield, maybe also when you try to copy it from the drive to your disk.)